avsim

for those who download off the avsim website....i have tried downloading a plane but whenever i click on the download button it says page cannot be displayed, can someone try and download and see if it does the same. i know its not somethign to do with ym coomputer as i can log onto other internet sites fine. thankws

Answers 23 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I just downloaded something from avsim. Do you have a specific page where this occurs? Also, there are times the internet hiccups and certain IP blocks are temporarily inaccessible from various areas.

i tried to download the 747 400 NWA and then the dash 8 and btoh times it occured

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

I have been experiencing that problem all weekend and when i do finally get to download anything it takes ages a download speed of onl;y 9kbps very annoying. Mad Mad

oh thank you, im glad i am nto the only one!!!! it must be a problem with the avsim website then

Pro Member Chief Captain

Are you talking about the POSKY NWA 747-451? or the AI 747-400? I downloaded both of them.

It would really be helpful if you provided the exact URL of the page that won't load instead of expecting people to search through 8 pages on avsim to find what you are talking about.

it is the posky 747. crash gordon theres no need to sound rude about it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

First, I don't think pointing out how aiding those in obtaining answers to your question, was rude. It was a simple statement of fact that if I knew the URL you had difficulty with, it would have been a lot quicker for me to find if the file could be downloaded.

Now, let me ask you a question. Having been accused of being rude for making a common sense statement, how many days/weeks/months/years do you think it will be before I answer any question or request for help by an anonymous poster?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

On another note, a couple of days ago I've had problems with avsim and I must stress for the first time ever.
A prompt similar to 'currently very busy - try again later' kept appearing. As I said, this has never happened before and I can only assume that avsim had a momentary problem with their servers or other technical problems.
I kept trying and within one half hour everything was back to normal.

AVSIM RULES ❗

theres no need to so rude you ****

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

crashgordon people come on to these sites for help they don't come for an attitude from you if you dont want to help people then fine dont moan about it just to get your posts up .

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

Crashgordon maybe i was a bit harsh on you i do appologise for my slanderous tongue, anyway i just tried to download a pilatus pc12 and it took me ten attempts to get the download to work and im currently only getting a 8.51kb per second download where i usually get 115 kb per second.

Pro Member Chief Captain

peco wrote:

crashgordon people come on to these sites for help they don't come for an attitude from you if you dont want to help people then fine dont moan about it just to get your posts up .

I already have enough posts to have the highest rank so I have no need to increase my posts. 😉 Your comments about the difficulty you had downloading a file point to the fact that the Internet is an imperfect network that we keep adding traffic load to, such as VOIP and streaming video. The problem can be anything from a problem with the server avsim uses to a router that is down on the backbone they are connected to.

We keep expecting the internet to work like our telephones. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Truthfully, I'm waiting for the day it all implodes. 😂

BTW, no need to apologize. I do have my unique qualities and they do rub people the wrong way. As my next post will demonstrate. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

And I am supposed to care what someone who is either too lazy or ignorant to properly capitalize and punctuate a sentence, and who can't express him/herself without resorting to vulgarity, thinks???

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

I agree and again i offer my apologies if ihad properly read your first post i would have established that your were trying to help, i do agree about your views on the internet people basically take it for granted nowadays to some it is a neccesity we have to remeber internet is still relatively new and more and more people are now using it every day.

Embarassed Embarassed

well i was going to pay the $5 but i don't even know what i did wrong, i heard from a friend that this site was friendly and that everyone was willing to help, well i think i'll now sign up to another forum, shame really 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

well i was going to pay the $5 but i don't even know what i did wrong, i heard from a friend that this site was friendly and that everyone was willing to help, well i think i'll now sign up to another forum, shame really 😞

I dont think that your friend lies at you my friend.And also i dont think that anyone was offended to you.
The help you need comes to you.
Open discussions has always a chance for misunderstandings or for sharp comments.This doesnt means that we are offended someone.

I dont want to change your opinion to go land in another airport,i just try to explain some things ,and if you feel that someone has to apologize to you please accept my apologize just in case you feel offended. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

As you can see from:

I know what the

means. This site is friendly. Calling someone a

isn't.

If you are the same poster who objected to my saying that you could have made it easier for people to answer your question if you had provided a full URL for the file you had trouble with, then your statement that I was rude in saying so is wrong.

Rather than saying that you had trouble downloading blah which could be tested immediately from the link, you said you had trouble with an NWA 747-400. That made trying to help you more difficult and time consuming...needlessly so.

Now what part of stating that the search for an answer would have been made easier by providing the full URL, can you possibly construe as rude????

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This might be 'slightly' Off Topic... but, what's new.

With a heavy heart I have to admit that CrashGordon's idea of banning anonymous posts might have its merits.
If the situation progresses the way it does at the moment, I might even offer my wholehearted support to any crusade CrashGordon might embark on in this regard.

Pro Member Chief Captain

The software that runs this forum can be configured to require a sign-up for all posters. I'm not saying that free posting is bad. I'm just saying it would be very nice to know who we are talking to.

I don't know if I'm talking to one or two anonymous posters in this thread, although from the similarity of the writing style, I suspect it is only one.

At first, I was angry about his accusation. Now, I'm just puzzled. There have many times where somone has posted that they couldn't get some model to work, etc. But I've never seen anyone feel it was rude if someone suggested that supplying a URL would make the job a whole lot easier.

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

you was talking to me, i was the one who thought you was rude and i still do! i would appreciate help from thsi forum not people who criticize every punctuation mistake and bit of information i leave out. ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

You fired the first shot when you called me rude for asking for the simple internet courtesy of providing the URL of the file you were having difficulty with. Now, you are whining because I took a shot back and mentioned what now appears to be your intentional destruction of the English language.

Since I know who you are, I can guarantee you won't get such treatment from me in the future. I don't care if you post a question regarding the most dire of difficulties and I'm the only one who knows the solution. I won't waste my time trying to help.

Have a nice day.

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

thats ok crash gordon, i think it would be better if you didnt help, then it will not result in this sort of disagreement.

regards.

Pro Member Chief Captain

That's fine with me.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...