Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Pesky Member

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Hello everyone. Well I was looking through the wonderful screenshot area we have here at Flyaway (minus all of the negative comments). But it has came to my attenton about a pesky member that comments on almost all photos in the screenshot area. His or her name is captdennison. All of his comments are negative and it just is plain ol' stupid. I just thought I would bring this to your attention.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Funny but I have to disagree with you. I have always found the Cap to be quite good at judging screenshots.
I have found many other members cursing but never him.

We all have our views I thought I would express mine about him.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I haven't spent time going through the screen shots, but once in a while I enlarge the one on the forums page if it interests me. As far as the comments go they are only someone's opinion of a particular screen shot. Not everyone likes the same thing. It's kind of like art, what I think is great someone else might think is trash.

If I find it interesting that is all that matters, not what someone else thinks of it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have not been there for a while,but just spent 1/2 hour looking at the shots.Some good ones,some not so good.
Ive always found Capt dennisons comments,not rude,but objective.
WarHawk sums it up very well ➡

As far as the comments go they are only someone's opinion of a particular screen shot. Not everyone likes the same thing. It's kind of like art, what I think is great someone else might think is trash.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

i actually spend lot's of time in the gallery and have found Capt.Dennison to be very positive on most pictures. I only see him negative whenever someone takes a shot with the aircraft labels. Or if the shot really is horrible. But everybody has their own opinion on this and i thought i would share mine.

Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Sorry. I think I should have just kept this to myself. 🙄 But most of the comments I saw from him were more negative than positive. Also the main reason I posted this topic was because I saw a comment he left which I think irritated cheektroly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Dont worry about it 😉 but go back and have another look,this time as a judge of a screenshot contest,and you will see that most of his "bad" comments are on pics with any sort of label on it(the red tags are one thing he realy dislikes) and bad graphics.
Thats the way I think he looks at them 😉

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Jared wrote:

Sorry. I think I should have just kept this to myself.

Nothing to be sorry about. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one. I haven't seen the comments by the person you mentioned, but then I don't read the comments when I do look at a screen shot. I make my own judgment of it as to whether I like it or not and move on.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Also the main reason I posted this topic was because I saw a comment he left which I think irritated cheektroly.

Yes I remember that "captdennison" character, who posts some really pointless comments such as "Its in the air" "--------" and "mmmmmm?" as well as stupid questions like "Is it editied" and "Photoshopped?" when the answers are blatently obvious.

People like him just agitate me because they always appear immature or try to put down the screenie authors, yet never submit any material of thier own.

Theres an old saying that goes "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all"

There are so many other rubbish comments being posted in the Screenshot pages that I reckon that it should be limited to members who are allowed to comment, just my opinion though 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

[quote="cheekytrolly"]

There are so many other rubbish comments being posted in the Screenshot pages that I reckon that it should be limited to members who are allowed to comment, just my opinion though 🙄

Flyaway fixed it a few months ago so only paid member can post comments.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Oh true! I never knew that RM, thanks for telling me!

So if captdennison is a flyaway member, I wonder why he only chooses to post in the screenshot pages and not the forums?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Oh true! I never knew that RM, thanks for telling me!

So if captdennison is a flyaway member, I wonder why he only chooses to post in the screenshot pages and not the forums?

Yes, he is a member and has posted just a few times on the forums. If memory serves me right he had some in the "Other Forum" quite a while back..
Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

Found him. 11 posts total.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I was just browsing through the latest entries to the Screenshot Gallery and old CaptDennison has been up to no good again.

For example, some guy posted a picture with a description reading: "Just landed on Iraq International Airport... Support our troops!" with a military aircraft landing in Iraq.

CaptDennison replied with:

Ya, support our troops, bring them home and NUKE Iraq,Iran&Afghanastan

https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/

What is his problem, did he just pay $5 to join this website so he could put people down and feel good about himself, I dont get it...?

Look through the latest submissions to the gallery, and read his"comments"

I think he deserves an official warning or something.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Thank you CT for agreeing with me. I know that maybe on or two of his posts were ok but a majority of his were just disrespectful.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

The guy is a smart Ass in general.I dont like this kind of people.
If he was man enough he would post even a sinlge shot in order to do fair play.Ignore him and feel free to post your images guys. 😉

Its only my opinion of course.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fine, I took my own advice and wrote out my thoughts and before I hit the submit button I reread them and decided not to post them.

This is getting too political and will be locked.

Radar