What a Moron

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

(dead link removed)

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I wouldn't call someone that is most likely dead a moron, not very classy.

Maybe if you actually read the comments on the site you'd realize what happened, three people died in the crash.

http://www.aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19920827-1

What had happened is the aircraft was modified for turbo props. On this aircraft there is control gust locks just above the throttle, they where to also modified, and locked. This lock prohibits the throttle from being moved to open. Yes the control surfaces where locked, or partly locked. Event happened AUG 27 1992 in Canada, Gimli park.

Know what you're talking about before making light of a grave situation, may they all rest in piece.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N400NC&distinct_entry=true

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A terrible unfortunate accident that no one could have foreseen or even a skilled pilot could have handled in such a short period of time.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I don't read the comments. I did not know someone had most likely died in the crash. It just seemed like the pilot was being a moron by pitching the nose up that high. If I offended anyone I am sorry.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Because I'm sure he was trying to do a loop.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Tragic accident that could have been avoided. Every checklist I've ever seen says to check the controls-free before takeoff. Most aircraft have you remove the gust/control lock during preflight inspection. This aircrafts checklist has you taxi onto the runway then release the lock. There are two entries on the line up checklist that call for the lock to be released to complete the checklist. Checklist discipline is very important in aviation, as you saw in the video.

The checklist below is for the military version of the DHC-4 called the CV-2B.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I did not know someone had most likely died in the crash

Are you serious?

I can't ever imagene anyone ever surviving this:

Did you actually watch the video all the way to the end?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Yeh, how can you possibly imagine anyone survived that?

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

there you have it folks...dont take an aircraft for a turbine engine conversion test 😛

Pro Member Trainee
Michael Judah (compilots) Trainee

Seen that video on ATCBOX! That is a very unfortunate and saddening event. RIP

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...