New Release: SR-71 Blackbird

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Developed by pilots, SR-71 Blackbird is a faithful re-creation for Flight Simulator 2004 of the most amazing aircraft ever to take flight. It’s scheduled to scream across the skies on 17th March. Order the world’s fastest today for just £19.99/€29.95/$29.99

New York to London in under two hours? It can only be the SR-71 Blackbird! This long range strategic reconnaissance platform was probably the most exciting aircraft ever to fly. Now FS2004 pilots can enjoy the ultimate aviation experience. As you’d expect with a unique aircraft, there are plenty of unique features. The exterior bristles with animations and accurate detail; there are opening cockpit canopies, realistic afterburners, the distinctive three-wheel landing gear, a brake ‘chute and even the Blackbird’s trademark dripping fuel is modelled. Stand by for a very fast ride!

• The accurate flight model reflects the SR-71’s ability to approach Mach 3 and glide through the stratosphere.

• Extensive detail modelling and animation including brake ‘chute, afterburners and Head-Up Display.

• Seven different SR-71 liveries are included – any colour you like as long as it’s black!

•Travel at Mach 3 at 85,000 feet!

Don’t just take Just Flight's word for how good it is:

"Reviewing this plane has been nothing but a pleasure. The look of the plane, the way the plane flies, the sounds and the animations are all top notch." Reheat.org

Visit http://www.justflight.com/en/(yb0q5tu5fez3a3454qekrgjj)/index.aspx for more screenshots and full details

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Cool, I've always been interested in the SR-71 Blackbird. Now I can fly one.

👏

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sr-71

Last edited by CRJCapt on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Nice find CT, looks like an interesting addon. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The site says available for pre-ordering, so I guess it hasn't been released.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

👏 Well done crash

Pro Member Chief Captain

So, my next question is, if it hasn't been released, why is the title of this thread "New Release:"? Inquiring minds want to know. 😂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Take a wild guess?

Ever heard of a simple mistake before?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh. I was hoping you might know something that wasn't apparent on their site since I'm looking for for a good SR-71.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Can you wait 2 days? It is released on March 17th

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Just ordered mine. This is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. Man I'm stoked! That thing looks sweet. I think my first flight will be LAX to JFK. What's that, about an hour?

Pro Member Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Can you wait 2 days? It is released on March 17th

On St. Patrick's Day? Can I get it in green? 😂 😂 😂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

On St. Patrick's Day? Can I get it in green?

Haha- now that would be fiddle-dee-fantastic! lol you should seriously get some repainter to do that, it would be cool as!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...