Backing down

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

If I back my settings down from 1024x768x32 to 1024x768x16, what can I reasonably expect to gain in performance? Also, is what I see on the screen likely to be seriously degraded?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Depends on your PC specs as much as anything. One thing you will notice by going to x16 from x32 bit colour is loss of pixel density and therefore quality. A good example is if you set up a night approach so you have a good view of the runway then switch to x16 you will notice a difference.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well why dont you just try it to see what happens?

Pro Member Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Well why dont you just try it to see what happens?

Actually, I did, and while I didn't notice too much difference in daylight settings, I hadn't thought to check what the difference might be at night.

Since that information was provided in answer to the question I asked, I now know what to look for.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Any luck CrashGordon ??

Pro Member Chief Captain

Haven't tried the night time yet. Had to waste time in the real world. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Those damm real world chores are a pain the Ass 😀

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

ARE YOU MAD ❗ you mean FS does not rule your life??? whats wrong with you man 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Have you tried surviving on virtual food? 😂

Anyway, I tried it out and didn't see anything terrible. It allowed me to crank up some of my video settings so things actually look better now. 🙂

It did not do anything to the noticeable stutter I encounter when trying to create video clips with fraps. Crying or Very sad

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Just out of curiosity Crash, what are your system specs?

I also get a stutter with fraps, dropping from 25fps to 5fps- this also happens everytime I take a screenshot with screenhunter, although the stutter only lasts for about 2-3 seconds.

I'm running a 2.5ghz, 768mb ram and 256mb vid card.

Pro Member Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Just out of curiosity Crash, what are your system specs?

I also get a stutter with fraps, dropping from 25fps to 5fps- this also happens everytime I take a screenshot with screenhunter, although the stutter only lasts for about 2-3 seconds.

I'm running a 2.5ghz, 768mb ram and 256mb vid card.

2.8GHz 512MB RAM Intel graphics integrated on MOBO 128MB shared.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...