Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Gd. Rapids to Cincinnati to Honolulu

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Allright, i'm almost to Cincinnati, then i'm going on to Honolulu. Can't decide which plane to fly to Hawaii, someone got an idea???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Idea Something with either a lot of fuel or floats. Yes

Have a great flight! Let us know what aircraft you chose.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Well, i don't have much time, just got vectored in for approach, but i'm thinkin that i'll probably fly either the 777 or 757. Probably better off with the 777 though. It's gonna get hectic in a minute here!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I like the 747 Yes

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Fire,

I favor the DC-10 or MD-11 but don't know if you have the Delta MD-11? Otherwise I like to fly the 7E7 but far perfer the other two. Flying to Hawaii! --Yur a man after my own heart son! Very Happy

P.S. -Runway 8-R is best for heavies on approach to PHNL. Otherwise 4-R is generally used as the default and can handle big jets as well. Touch down on the first 1/4 over the threshold of 4-R or you will be over the end. Shocked Best to use 1/2 or 3/4 RTO auto-brake/anti-skid on runway 4-R depending on which taxiway you want. Even w/max thrust reverse, if you don't catch the best part of 4-R you will almost surely need pretty heavy breaking. Otherwise you go to the last taxiway. --Exit left to gates and right to gen. avitaion parking. ((Happy landings.)) BTW, One of these days we will have to fly FS9 multi-player and meet up out there as that's where I am home-based. --Aloha!

Last edited by George (OrlandoGeorge) on Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

FEM, ya gotta check out the various islands while there. Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

There is great scenery available for Hawaii airports by Bill Melichar. I e mailed him not long ago to compliment him on them to which I received a nice reply. Bill does great work. Airports available are Honolulu, Lihue, Kahului, Kona and Hilo. Also Lani'i but is a gen. avation airport. You are a better man than me if you can put down a 737 there! --Give 'er a shot, I dare ye!!

I am currently on a B737-200 world tour that has taken me from PHNL Honolulu to Faaa, Tahiti (long flight.) Rangiroa Isle. Rarotonga Isle. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. Darwin, Australia. Bali and Jakarta Indonesia, then to Kuala Lumpur and now to Sri Lanka. I am resting up to take off from the last destination mentioned to points West and eventually to the crossing of the Atlantic via London-Heathrow to contenental United States and then cross country and over the Pacific back to PHNL Honolulu USA.

If anyone has not visited and landed at Kuala Lumpur, try it! The airport runway config is not unlike DFW in Dallas, Texas USA and the 747 traffic is really impressive (depending on your AI traffic addon I suppose. ) In My TRAFFIC 2004 the airport hardstand is loaded with B747-400 LR's. Most of them sit all day and then depart sequentially over the space of 2 hours in the evening for the long haul overnites.

It has been a hard trip but I am going strong and will be leaving wheels up from Sri Lanka to Mumbai (Bombay) soon. Yee-haw!!! Smile