SearchSearch 

newb question about joystick

Excelsis Guest

Hi. I am a complete newb for MS2204 and am absolutely loving it! Naturally I want to get the best out of it so I would like to ask what you professionals think is the best joystick to use? I have bought a Trust Predator GM-2300 but find it a bit "wobbly"when in the stationary position and not really firm or stable. I need something sturdy. Any suggestions?

Another option I was considering is the Logitech 963291 - any good?

I've heard bad reports about the MS joysticks - are they true?

Any tips gratefully received and apologies if this subject has been covered before in this forum ( if it has, does anyone have the thread link?)

Thanks

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

There are a lot of threads about joysticks in these forums.
Have a look at an interesting one which also provides some very useful links about joysticks.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/12436/best-flyingstick-problem-with-logtech/

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

The MS Sidewinder sticks is very good, I use the Precision pro and can't fault it.

Of course, because the Sidewinder is a Microsoft product it's going to get slated by the usual crowd whether it's good or not!

The bigger you are, the bigger the target you become 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have the Sidewinder Precision Pro2 USB also and it's too bad the MS stopped making it.
Take a look at this companies sticks, the high end are some of the best sticks available (X52).

http://www.saitek.com/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Saitek X52 Flight control system, nuff said.

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Make that 2 owners of the Saitek X52 - wicked piece of kit, would never go back to anything else!......and also has 64bit drivers :p

Thanks very much for all your tips. Looks like the Saitek then...

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i like the sidewinder 3d pro. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I like your new signature brownbox 😀

Nice size 👍