Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Window's Vista. Another month

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30081

Another month for the public beta release. Your views are welcome.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just read that the final may be pushed back to November. More time for me to save my pennies for a new computer.
As long as it comes out before FSX I'll be happy, and It looks like it will.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

My view changes every time I read yet another article. At this stage I think it's pretty much a toss-up as to whether Vista or FSX will be released first.

I can't help but think that someone is deliberately trying to cause mass euphoria and succeeding.
I guess I'll just sit back and wait... Surrender

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

In my personal opinion, I think that Vista will be released before FSX. When you buy FSX, they can't advertise it compatible with Vista, if Vista is not released yet. True?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

In my personal opinion, I think that Vista will be released before FSX. When you buy FSX, they can't advertise it compatible with Vista, if Vista is not released yet. True?

Sure they can, I'm more than positive that they've already tested it with Vista, DirectX 10, and it'll be 64 bit backwards compatible with XP (32 bit).
Don't forget they've spent billions of $ developing it and have the grand expectations of having it on 100 million computers in less than a year.
All other companies are developing software and hardware and drivers for existing hardware in the expectation of Vista being the success that it eventually will be.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

What you are saying makes sense, however, for the average buyer, purchasing a product compatible with Vista, before Vista is even out, wouldn't make sense. Wouldn't it be logic that the average person would wait to purchase vista first, set it up and get everything going, and then install FSX? Why would one install it on XP, only to reinstall on a completely different software within a few months? I'm sure they've got it figured out though Wink We'll just have to be patient ---- but its hard!! Very Happy

PH-AJO Guest

Yes, It will be possible to run FS-X on MS Windows XP.
(or else...... 'Shocked' )

ardjan@web.de