St. Marteen Approach

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

You dont really see any images from FS of St. Marteen so I took a screen dump when I was just about to land there earlier.

Ive provided a link rather than posting an image as its pretty big and I didnt want to mess up the forum.

You'll have to excuse the ATC window. There is no ILS at this airport so you have to fly the approach manually which I dont do often so I was busy concentrating on that. Its good practise.

If anybody has not been to this airport, I suggest they fly there as its a really beautiful place and is well know in the aviation industry because of the runway being so close to the beach. Planes a just a few feet over peoples heads on the beach. There are plenty of vids and pics about somewhere.

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's the worst kept secret in the FS community Doyley. The screenshot - you seem to be ligned up nicely 😀

Now try again in cockpit view with a full aircraft... the biggest you have in your hangar Fear

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Errr I dont want to kill all my pax 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Chicken! 🍅

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's a great shot M.H. -- is it a POSKY?

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

Great screenshot Doyley, and bang on line for the runway.

Well Done

Regards

😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

thanks Tailhook, yep it's a POSKY...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Aaahh thank you M.H. - I've been flying their Freighters, never knew the Pax version looked that good 😳

And a Garuda it's gonna be, an airline with soul and the scent of cloves inside the cabin 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

It's my favorite 747 Tailhook. Maybe memories of Jakarta.

Here's a shot from a different angle of the same approach.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/mhoratio/sxm.jpg

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Beautiful shot M.H., nice approach btw. Bisakah anda berbahasa Indonesia?

I got J. Hartana's v.2 yesterday: posky744gia_pkgsh_v2.zip
He must have done every single a/c Garuda ever had in their fleet. One of the quiet achievers.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Bisakah anda berbahasa Indonesia?

no, Tailhook, barely a few words that I can remember.

How about a screenshot for us of the new Garuda Jumbo... 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, here's the deal: I'll be installing it in a few hours time. Then --- it doesn't matter where I park it or where I fly it to (I know the little tricks with the weather and the sun 😉 ) but alas nobody would enjoy a screenie from me as I can only fly in Safe Mode at the moment.
The graphics are horrible, very jagged and no reflections etc. etc.. Sorry, I think we'll have to cancel it. Wall Bashing

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

So Posky is a guy who makes freeware 747s? By the way, that St. Maarten airport looks pretty cool. Is all the beach scenery etc in the original screenshot in the default MSFS or is it addon scenery?

By the way, how could this airport not have ILS and yet 747s are landing there?!! Thanks...

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Posky (Project Open Sky)
the scenery in my shots is addon freeware, but it really doesn't add much.

I know there is no ILS for TNCM SXM in the Simulator but I'm not sure if the real airport has ILS now.
Anyway 747s are quite cabable of landing without ILS.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

No ILS but VOR app

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Michael_H wrote:

Posky (Project Open Sky)
the scenery in my shots is addon freeware, but it really doesn't add much.

I know there is no ILS for TNCM SXM in the Simulator but I'm not sure if the real airport has ILS now.
Anyway 747s are quite cabable of landing without ILS.

So it's normal procedure to use a VOR approach for a 747? Cool, never knew that. Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Sweet, I new there was a VOR station there, but I could never find the chart.

Added to favorites. 🙂

keithj Guest

greetings all, I picked up on this site via an e-mail I received (just wanted to see St Marteen bit expensive for me). I dont know if any of you have seen these photographs I have, but if someone e-mails me I'll pass it on they're really good.

PS I wont be back I'm not flyer.

keithjohnson2@hotmail.com

where is this place?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

where is this place?

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

where is this place?

TNCM is the airport ID if you have FS.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...