Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

X-Plane

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Now i know that this is an FS2004 forum but was just wondering if anyone had ever played on X-Plane, arguably a more up-to-date simulator.
Arrow http://www.x-plane.com/default.html
I think it looks pretty cool, probably not as good as FS9 though, haven't seen any add-ons, freeware etc. for it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There are plenty of add-ons available at the larger flight simulation portal sites.
When I had a chance to buy a boxed version, I didn't have a DVD drive which was required for installation.

Pro Member Chief Captain

oh right, i assume the fact that its a DVD means that its bigger than FS9. looking at their website it looks like they've got some quite good graphics there. it also looks a lot more diverse than FS9 with space flight an all that

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yeah i looked at that - it does look awesome. but i'm not going to step away from microsoft simply due to the massive community and amount of add ons.

and all the lovely people here would then be useless Smile

ps. what's that simulator that costs 5? a magazine loved it, the planes/cockpits are better than microsoft but the scenery isn't...

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah I agree I would never stray from MSFS. You might be thinking of the Flight Unlimited series I have the third one, got it for about 10. I didn't think it was very good personally.

Arrow http://www.ciao.co.uk/Flight_Unlimited_2_PC__64568

Reviewers seem to like them, I dont know why Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Yeah I agree I would never stray from MSFS.

That i exactly what i feel like,it's neat to be able to do things like fly shuttles and other planes in space,But when fsx comes out xplane's gonna die!!!! Twisted Evil

Pro Member Chief Captain

DITTO!!
Can't wait 'till FSX, FS9 is geting a little long in the tooth lately Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I agree! Rolling Eyes Wink Very Happy