I hope I make it...

Sphagnum1 Guest

Flying from NYC to Dallas-FortWorth in my A320 (2 1/2 hours out still), by my calculations I have just enough fuel, with reserves, to make it... but if they ask me to fly around and approach from the south (which I'm sure they will at KDFW), it's going to be very close... I don't wanna have to cheat and auto-refuel in mid air Very Happy

I gotta figure out how to accurately figure out how much fuel I will need each flight, any suggestions?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If you have Microsoft Excel, you might want to have a look at this little Utility:

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004utilities7.htm

Second from the top.

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Thanks for that link Tailhook - but I can't get it to work, can anyone else?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

In the meantime we can do it the old-fashioned way vie FS Flight Planner and NavLog. 🤔

Sphagnum1 Guest

what I'm looking for, but unfortunately it's in French Umm...

Odyssey Guest

Can't help you but God speed you captain!! Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Do you have FSPax? They make it easy, by showing Climb Fuel and Decent fuel, so you know how much the most fuel consuming part of the flight takes, then you can easily figure out how far you can go during cruise by using the fuel flow guages, which for a 737 I use between 3,600 lbs per hour per engine and 4,400, depending on power settings.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...