Why Microsoft Flight Simulator™ ?

Burni Guest

Hi guys, doing some work for a project at Uni, and it occurred to me that I just automatically assumed that Microsoft Flight Simulator™ would be the simulator I would use...

Just wandering why you all use Microsoft Flight Simulator™, and not a different simulator - are there other simulators?

Any responses, technical or just plain english, would be welcomed!!

Cheers,

Michael

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

simulators for pax airplanes? Haven't seen, haven't heard of any Idea

Pity, it'd be better for sure. I almost don't have any original file in my simulator left. Planes, scenery, runway lights, clouds, sun, colors of the ground, even strobe light color is different, pushback panel, sounds for engines, panels, callout on approach (2500ft,1000ft,500ft,100ft,50ft,40ft,30ft,20ft,10ft) and many more. If you look on default aircraft they just suck as hell. My god they're bad. Look at the 777! OH my god, how bad is this model and texture! Blink

Addons 👍

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Here's my low down on FS9 --

MSFS9 is the best flight simulator software, because it takes into consideration almost are real life factors considered when in real flight -- All of these factors, have been enhanced by their amazing realism. For example, in the past, weather was not a factor in FSim's, however, now, the weather decides all phases of flight. It's capable of translocating a person from the face of his monitor, to the skies, in less than a few minutes, taken to accurately prepare the flight. FS creators took into consideration the abundance of freeware/payware add-ons, and so although fully functional, their aircraft were not built on high standards. This, however, reduces strain on the CPU. Other simulator, eg. X-plane, are not advertised to such a wide market, and so Flight Simulator 2004 is the way to go....until FSX comes out, that is. 😉

cheers guys

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Pleasure 😉

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

Sico2 wrote:

simulators for pax airplanes? Haven't seen, haven't heard of any Idea

Pity, it'd be better for sure. I almost don't have any original file in my simulator left. Planes, scenery, runway lights, clouds, sun, colors of the ground, even strobe light color is different, pushback panel, sounds for engines, panels, callout on approach (2500ft,1000ft,500ft,100ft,50ft,40ft,30ft,20ft,10ft) and many more. If you look on default aircraft they just suck as hell. My god they're bad. Look at the 777! OH my god, how bad is this model and texture! Blink

Addons 👍

Id appreciate you sharing a few lol =)

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

no prob man, just give me a shout what you need, I can tell you most of it I've downloaded form avsim.net, but some not 🙂

John VINCENT Guest

For example, fly Condor 2 my preference is glider flight and C2 madels thermal and ridge lift pretty well.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...