Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Problem with Meljet 777-200ER

k2snobordr Guest

Hi everyone, this is my first posting. Two nights ago, I downloaded a 777-200ER (with Rolls Royce engines) from Meljet's website. The installation went smoothly, but when I switched to virtual cockpit view, I found that I was facing a door. As I turned around, I saw the sky, the ground, and nothing else! The cabin was behind me, but where I was standing, there was no fuselage. I tried zooming in and out, to no avail. Last night I dumped the Rolls Royce version and downloaded the Pratt/Whitney version. Same problem again! Can anyone help me? I'm using FS2004 if that helps.

Secondly, I can't get any repaints to work with his aircraft, but I can get them to work with the default 777-300. Admittedly, most of the repaints I've downloaded from various sites have come with terrible instructions. Any idea where I can download a Meljet 777-200 already painted?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

-john

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

k2snobordr wrote:

Secondly, I can't get any repaints to work with his aircraft, but I can get them to work with the default 777-300. Admittedly, most of the repaints I've downloaded from various sites have come with terrible instructions.

I agree with the "...terrible instructions".

If you spend some time to learn it properly and once you understand how it works, you'll hardly need any instructions anymore.
Here is a good tutorial.

k2snobordr Guest

Sorry for the late reply - thank you both for your advice. I haven't had time to mess with FS2004 during the past few days, but I'll try your suggestions this weekend and let you know how it goes. Very Happy

-john

k2snobordr Guest

Victory! I went to www.flightsim.com and found a great file by a guy named Sean Kneppers. He repainted Meljet's 777-200ER with a KLM livery, and set up the whole deal as a .exe file. All I had to do was double click, and everything installed in its proper place. If only everyone made it so easy! I still don't have a virtual cockpit for some reason, but I won't worry about that for now. Thanks everyone for your help!

-john Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

glad it's all working, but just to let you know; the meljet doesn't have a virtual cockpit, 'just' the cabin

k2snobordr Guest

thanks for the heads-up, hinch. are VCs available to download, or at least a virtual cabin that extends up to the cockpit area? it's weird to look back and see that a 50-foot section of the fuselage is missing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

a virtual cockpit can't be added, unless you're extremely awesome and you'd lose the cabin in this case. it involves cracking open the model file...

a quick solution can be 2D side views, i'm sure they're easy to come by on airliners.net so that you could edit them and use them in game