SearchSearch 

ARGH door's stuck open...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

God this gets so annoying, ok, I've always had this problem, ok I open the cargo door or whatever, the second set of doors, using Shift + E + 2, though I switched it to Q amd Q+2. Problem is once I open the 2nd door sometimes if I leave it open too long or sometimes right after I open it press the button for the 2nd door just keeps opening and closeing the main door. Sometimes after a couple minutes or after mashing the keyboard for a few minutes it might close. This also happened randomly when using the pushback commands for turning, sometimes I could back straight and that would be it.

Is there any fix for this or am I the only one with the frustrating problem.

Currently I'm sitting with my Beech 1900C Fed Ex freighter wanting to take off but I can't close my damn doors, ARGH!!!!

Just call me frustrated.

6 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

yeh any plane with more than one set of doors has the issue - its within fs.

fortunately there is a solution. there is a gauge called selectcorrect - unfortunately avsim can;t find it right now 😕 but that's what you want

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I still have stuck doors every so often, but it's FAR less frequent since I change the "open main exit" key to "D" as opposed to "Shift+E". Now, you simply hit "D", "D+1", etc, and have no worries of bringing up extra windows, losing control over the exits, and many other problems that come with the "Shift+E" config.

edit: Ah, I see that you have changed it to Q. If that's the case then i'm not sure. There are planes like the LDS 767 that have logic for their cargo doors that only permit their operation when the hydraulics are on and engines are in the off position I believe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah it's happened less now that I changed it from Shift+E, but now I just leave them open for short periods of time.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I haven't had the problem you're talking about, but I wanted to know you gave me a chuckle. I saw your topic and thought to myself, "What the heck is an ARGH?" I thought it was the plane you were flying.

lol, good luck with your problem.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

that's the one! by rob baregnet*

*apologies for bad spelling