Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

ATC Help

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Can anyone lead me to a online ATC program?

thanks in advance

-Oh one that does not require squawk box or vatsim.

thanks
-Nick

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Sphagnum1 Guest

What's wrong with Vatsim/Squakbox?

Pro Member First Officer
Jason Melancon (Mithheru) First Officer

To me, just have to put in 2, I like Radar Contact. Only because I can safely step away from the computer when i have to.

Imagine in the middle of a flight on VatSim and you have to step away for a few minutes. You know the controller won't be too happy when you're not there to respond to him/her. And I have to step away quite often so doing something online would be quite difficult for me.

One day I'll be able to sit down for an entire afternoon and fly online. Til then I'm sticking with Radar Contact.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The easiest solution to having to leave on Long Hauls on VATSIM is to simply ask ATC to leave the cockpit. Depending on the traffic and point in the cruise you're at, you can generally get a fairly long leave if you ask. If you're in uncontrolled space and a controller pops up, most will give you a good 30 minutes before making any kind of big deal.

Obviously VATSIM stresses realism, but they're fairly understanding hobbyists themselves!

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

originalgrunge wrote:

The easiest solution to having to leave on Long Hauls on VATSIM is to simply ask ATC to leave the cockpit. Depending on the traffic and point in the cruise you're at, you can generally get a fairly long leave if you ask. If you're in uncontrolled space and a controller pops up, most will give you a good 30 minutes before making any kind of big deal.

Obviously VATSIM stresses realism, but they're fairly understanding hobbyists themselves!

and Sphagnum1

I am In a Virtual Airline that has its own server (FsHost) and I am trying to get into ATC, And personally Vatsim and squawk box is to much crap (its an OPINION!!!)

-Jester- wrote:

and Sphagnum1

I am In a Virtual Airline that has its own server (FsHost) and I am trying to get into ATC, And personally Vatsim and squawk box is to much crap (its an OPINION!!!)

Heh, I was just curious is all... I was just trying out vatsim and I really dont' like it much now that I've tried it myself....