CorelDRAW

Ryan F. Guest

Hey guys, I have made quite a few repaints for my virtual airline. While I like my livery, the actual qualities of my paints are crap, lol.

I use microsoft default paint program (yes.. i actually said the condemned words, lol) becuase I haven't got Photoshop and I don't exactly know how to use CorelDraw Essentials, which I do have.

Does anyone know how to repaint a plane in Corel?

Also.. If I can't get this right, I would greatly appreciate if someone would paint a POSKY 737-800 in my airline's livery. Contact me for more info

Ryan Finn
CEO of Global Star operations
globalstar_ceo@yahoo.com

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Make sure you have and use DXTBMP, available here ➡ https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2883/dxtbmp-dxt-extended-bitmap-editor/

MS Paint will give you inferior textures... period.

Re CorelDraw Essentials, I've never used it so I don't know how useful the Help Menu is.
I would trawl their Support Services to begin with ➡ http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Section/Display&sid=1047022940762

You may know that Corel bought Jasc PaintShopPro. Here is another avenue: PSP has always had a fully funtioning trial version.

Try Paint Shop Pro X?It's FREE!

You will be trying a 30-day, fully functional trial edition of Corel Paint Shop Pro X, which includes:
Automatic photo fixes for common photo problems
Precision controls for people who want to fine-tune photos
A built-in Learning Center that shows you how to get started as soon as you open Paint Shop Pro X

I'm suggesting this because PSP has a good Help Menu and as I can see now even a "Learning Center".

If you get comfortable with PSP, you may get to the point where you see the connection between PSP and CorelDraw Essentials.

I would suggest to get a decent tutorial written especially for repainting purposes and to visit the forums that deal with the topic.

Ryan F. Guest

Thanks Tailhook.. I actually found the Paint Shop Pro demo right after I posted the original message, lol.

I played around with it, looked up some tutorials and produced a half-way decent repaint of the POSKY 737-800. (well.. at least it's better than anything MS paint could've given me)

Thanks for your help 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm glad you got some results Ryan - I have fond memories of PSP 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...