A few questions!

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

Hi,
First of all, is there a way you can align urself with the runway whilst take-off, coz whenever i change the weather to stormy or grey and rainy, as i dont have a sidewinder joystick, it's extremely difficult to keep the aircraft in line before takeoff so is there a way of doing that.

Secondly, once you've parked urself, and open doors, how do you put the staircase down, if that's possible, with the normal default Boeing 737-400?

And lastly, is there a way to get on the taxi route using some sort of autopilot.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

1. There's no automatic way that I know of that aligns you with the runway but I use rudder in stormy conditions and it works quite well, keys 'enter' and '0' on the number pad.

2. If it's possible it usually happens automatically after you've opened the door, not posible with default aircraft.

3. There's no automatic way I don't think but on some downloads i've got you can set the taxi speed. The best way is to request 'progressive taxi' this displays a magenta line which you follow.

Hope these answers help 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i find when taxiing now i simply use the runway signs - they are at every airport that has taxi ways. i'm not sure whether it is default or add-on scenery though. if it is addon then it came from airport environment upgrade 7

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

pilotwannabe wrote:

1. There's no automatic way that I know of that aligns you with the runway but I use rudder in stormy conditions and it works quite well, keys 'enter' and '0' on the number pad.

I used to use that aswell, before for normal taxiing, but then i can never get the plane, ever, go back to going straight. For some reason it just screws up the wheel alignment, and it either goes left or right at a small degree, but i can never get it to go straight.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

make sure you keep pressing num pad 5 to centre the wheel

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

To line up your rudder switch to spot view and look at the tail of the plane your flying. You should be able to line the rudder up that way.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

If you have got auto-rudder on you can steer with any joystick. Thats what I do.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...