Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Please help me install gauges!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Hi everybody,
I have(yet again) a question to ask some of the most helpful and and intelligent and fun flight simmers.This time I have a question about installing planes in fs2004.All of the freeware planes I have downloaded lately that have a gauges folder don't seem to have gauges,even though I copied the gauges folder into C>programfiles>microsoftgames>fs9>gauges.
Do I need to copy the gauges folder,or the contents of the gauges folder in the fs9 gauges folder? THx in udvanc!!1!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It depend on the aircraft read-me that came with the download.
Some require that the gauges be placed in the mail gauge folder others have to stay with the aircraft.
If you can't figure out what the designer wants (often) then copy the gauges to the main folder and leave a set with the aircraft.
Just say no the "overwrite".
After a while of loading dozens of aircraft into your sim you like me will have the majority of gauges made.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i always put the content of the gauges folder in the panel folder - so that when i delete the plane i don't leave mb's of gauges on my hard drive Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

i always put the content of the gauges folder in the panel folder - so that when i delete the plane i don't leave mb's of gauges on my hard drive Smile

You've mentioned that once before hinch, but I can't see how that would work without editing the .cfg?

Sorry I had to go OT.

Hack