Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

A very sad view of an old bird.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

I know that we are only talking about planes, what is actually a lot of aluminium connected with eachother plus some cerosine and lot of noise with dirt and smoke, but if you look at this picture below, you'll feel sad. It is sad, because you give feelings to this machine and you feel like it would suffer, just take a look.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1022657/L Ermm...

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I saw that plane in a picture about two months ago. Apparently, the a/c skidded off the runway and caught fire. It has been a while so my info may not be correct.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

it dont look like it caught fire but there was an old L-1011 SunBird at the local regional airport where I live it looked like that but the eventualy burned it the fire crews practiced with it but only until a few months ago it was sent to the bone yeard. wish I had a pic

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

There is on old adage in my country...i ll try to give my best translation....Do we have to kill workhorses after they getting old?

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

Tis rather sad to see something wich had so much splendor and grace reduced to a moth-eaten, moss covered, delapidated wreck.

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

i will have to get a picture of these two old planes sitting around at butler county regional, khao. at one time, someone was the happiest person in the world when they had these. now they just sit, rotting away. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Crying or Very sad it DOES make you sad.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

HMS Endeavor,
Are you in the royal navy serving onboard or do you just like the name. It says under your avatar you are from france so are you even English?
(no offence) ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Lol, I bet that old plane has heaps of spare parts which could be sold off for a lot of money 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

To be honest, this picture scares me, lol.

Yes, it's sad, but.. it's so eerie, it's like a "ghost-ship" (except it's a plane 😂 )

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

cheekytrolly wrote:

Lol, I bet that old plane has heaps of spare parts which could be sold off for a lot of money 😉

You know guys what is the craziest thing of all about this plane? This bird was perfectly intact after one missrouted landing during which engine #1 'kissed' the runway and was damaged, as you can clearly see on this photo. Nothing was done right after this incident whatsoever. The engines are busted anyway, after not being covered or anything for such long time, just recycling can right now. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

HMS Endeavor,
Are you in the royal navy serving onboard or do you just like the name. It says under your avatar you are from france so are you even English?
(no offence) ❓

Well,I like te name. 😀 Actually,I'm half german and half american,but i live in France(I might move to america next year).But,no I do not serve the royal navy and I'm not english. 😀
(no offense,obviously,to you to. 😉 )