Instrument photos

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i'm trying to make some photorealistic gauges (because i think they're the coolest) but i'm having a very hard time finding good photos head on of instruments. i'm looking for airspeed, altimeter, fuel, tachometer, temperature, rpm etc...

any help is appreciated

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

How do you make gauges?

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Here are some:
Hope these help your venture

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

they are nice but noo, sorry more specific: analog gauges - they're for a single prop

you make gauges using some quite simple xml and layering bitmaps/pieces. so for an airspeed gauge you set the background image, a needle image then give it an axis to turn on that min/max values.

takes a lot of logic to layer them up.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

hinch-
I can probaly go down to my flight school and get you some good photos of analog gauges from a cessna 172M. What ones are you looking for?

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

How about these:

These are probably better for a small prop.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

ah yeh they're nice.thanks they might just come in handy. i've been looking on the net for avionics and instrument manufacturers - i can't ANY good photos.

sam - i'm looking for pics of the gauges head on, so straight at them for use in flight sim. i just want the basic instruments.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

hinch wrote:

ah yeh they're nice.thanks they might just come in handy. i've been looking on the net for avionics and instrument manufacturers - i can't ANY good photos.

sam - i'm looking for pics of the gauges head on, so straight at them for use in flight sim. i just want the basic instruments.

Ok, I can go see if they'll let me do that on Monday or Tuseday.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

that would be awwwsome thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

ive got a few instruments from a plane crash I only salvaged what could be saved. but the only thing is my digital cam is busted i droped it in a pool.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

ohhh yeah...xml, I need to learn that. I will do one day.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

xml isn't something you learn - it's specific to each thing. so flight sim has it's own xml. it's fairly easy to learn - just by looking at other gauges. it is hard however to make everything work nicely. very hard in fact.

i've made a high resolution airspeed gauge. it's ace,i'll see if i can get some pics.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

the needle goes around...but not at the correct rate.looks very good though even when zoomed in. works smoothly and has actually bettered framerates. i got 62 frames over 56 per second max. nice nice. minimal code and lower refresh rate Wink (15 times a second)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...