Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

737 Engine Question

Guest Guest

Hello,

I was cruising along, not having a good flight really (having exceeded the 250 knts below 10,000) but continuing on anyway, when to add to my already not so good flight I overspeed. No big deal, really, I'll finish it out knowing my FSPassengers is going to punish me hard, but not wanting to give up just yet. Suddenly Engine number 2 goes into open throttle mode N1 at 101%+. Pressing F1 to idle engines only works on Engine #1 now. I'm madly trying to figure out how to shut off Engine #2, and can't seem to figure it out.

How do you turn off an engine in mid-flight??? Evil or Very Mad I thought that I could move the autostart switch to the off position for #2, but that didn't work. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Not that it mattered in this flight anyway now. After 5-10 minutes of going nuts trying to shut off #2, my plane breaks up in mid-air. Sad

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Eric

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

On your overhead panel in the right hand corner you have your individual engine switches.

Guest Guest

Sorry - here's more info...

The aircraft is the FS default 737, but you raise a good point about the panel.

I downloaded a panel from Simviation. It's Steve Southey's FS2004 Boeing 737 - 700 / 800 / 900 Series (Final Release) Panel.

I was really digging it actually. The built in radar was really cool, and having most everything easily visible on the main panel was kinda nice too.....

Does this help?

Eric

Guest Guest

Tailhook,

Yes that what I was trying to do - overhead panel on right side - white knob that has Off - Gen (I think) - Start. I kept clicking the knob to the off position - the knob would go there for a second and then move back into the middle position.

Can you have a failure that won't let you shut down an engine? Sounds improbable.......

Eric

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry, forgot, open your throttle quadrant -- below the two big throttle levers are to small ones -- push the one you need in the opposite direction.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Just switch off the fuel cutoff switches. As Tailhook said, they are on the base of the pedestal, beneath the throttle levers.

Guest Guest

I think I've found the problem. With this panel there is no throttle quadrant!

I was sure turning off your engines couldn't be that hard, but I guess if you don't have the right screens, then that makes it a little tougher....

Thanks for the help.

By the way, is there a keyboard assignment command I can create to do exactly that - cutoff engines?

Thanks,

Eric