Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

best planes/ fsx

guest Guest

i was wondering which plane u fink is best. civil planes, old planes, etc.

also wot do u guys want in fsx. i saw screenshots and it looks good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

What the heck is fink?

guest Guest

sorry. it means think.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

txt spk or whatever it's called is downright wrong! please use proper english, people like greekman above, as his name suggests; is not primarily english speaking 🙂

i fly almost anything. aeronca's, decathlon's (very small single props both old and new - latter being a basic stunt plane), ultralights such as the quad city challenger all the way up to a modern widebody md-11 or regional dash 8. i also fly dornier 328's, fokker 70's, cessna 172's (well, soon)....

fit depends what mood i'm in and also where i fancy flying.

i love flight sim 😀

guest Guest

sorry. do you know wether it is possible to sit in passenger seats. i have watched my freind play train simulator and you can.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Yes you can(make sure you set the autopilot first 🙄 )

You can alter the side views to look out over a wing or you can get a prog called Active Camera which lets you walk about the aircraft(sort of 🙄 )
There is a freeware prog that does something similar and I cant remember it Embarassed but somebodt will 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I like all of the aircraft within Flight Simulator, each has it's charm. I am drawn more to the older aircraft because I am a old fashion stick and rudder type of pilot. My idea of flying isn't sitting behind the autopilot for ten hours over the ocean. The great thing about Flight Simulator is that each of us can enjoy whatever type of flying we desire. 🙂

guest Guest

is it possible too make the journeys shorter. so if you go 2 australia u can do it in less time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes. You can accelerate time 16X (with the autopilot on), more with the autopilot off but it's hard to control the aircraft. 🙂

simulatorfan Guest

do u have to have a joystick to fly the plane. can u have a controller?

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

You can either use a joystick, which is highly recommended, or use the keyboard. FS is FAR to complicated for all the functions to be available on a controller.

guest Guest

thanks 4 ure help. i shall get a joystick. what 1 would u reccomend

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Yes you can(make sure you set the autopilot first 🙄 )

You can alter the side views to look out over a wing or you can get a prog called Active Camera which lets you walk about the aircraft(sort of 🙄 )
There is a freeware prog that does something similar and I cant remember it Embarassed but somebodt will 😉

F1view maybe?

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Pro Member Chief Captain

guest wrote:

thanks 4 ure help. i shall get a joystick. what 1 would u reccomend

Any, I have a fairly cheap one but it does the job, you get what you pay for so if your prepared to pay more money will you get a better one, more buttons etc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You can use any joy stick you want based on how much you want to spend. The range is from about $20 to $200. Check out these previous post. 🙂

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/490/which-joystick-to-use/#1531

guest Guest

what 1's have u got? i read something about a microsoft sidewinder does well in the game

Pro Member Chief Captain

Seriously, you've got to apprectiate that not all members have english as their first language and so they will probably be having a great deal of difficulty understanding you when you write in text.
Rules

I have the PCline Tournament Pro. I'm planning on upgrading soon. 😀

PW

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I use the CH Flight Sim Yoke, CH Throttle Quadrant and CH Pedals. I also have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for flying Aerobatics and Helicopters. 🙂

simulatorfan Guest

is there anyway too avoid all this gauges stuff because it all looks quite confusing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You can play Ace Combat in Play Station. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

You can play Ace Combat in Play Station. 😉

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Flight Simulator is somewhat hard but that because it tries to simulate real flying and that is hard. It's rewarding once you learn how to do it. You can reduce the shock factor of the gauges by using a simple aircraft like the Cessna 172. Use the lessons that are included, the built in Learning Center and you'll be flying in no time. For some reason, many people want to jump straight in the Boeing 747, don't do that. 🙂

simulatorfan Guest

what do you find more fun, landing, flying in the sky, taking off? landing seems quite fun for what i have heard

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I like it all but landing is the most difficult and fun. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

I like cruising along at 37000 feet over the Alps. Heaven. 😀 😀 😀