Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Quick hop with our Asian Friends

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Well, I'm currently inflight in my Brand New AIRASIA A320, from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. It shouldn't be long till I reach my cruise altitude of 29000 feet, passing 25,000 right now. I'll let you know how the landing comes out. This is a night flight, and the lights below me are just gorgeous. I highly reccommend this quick hop to those who need a good flight to fill up their time Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, I just landed after a somewhat tedious approach. I can't help but beleive that in reality, an approach wouldn't take that long, but who knows .. I was vectored into the 2L at Singapore, and as I was landing, I was dying for it to be daytime, because the approach comes in right over the sea, and onto the runway. Still, I completed it at night, with not much to see, but it was a very nice landing. Manual approach from about 20 miles out, full centerline landing right after the threshold, to come off the runway, and taxi all the way to the other end of the airport Confused -- I decided to taxi without the progressive line this time, and all went nicely, until I had to pick the gate. If only they were numbered Rolling Eyes -- Otherwise, it was a fantastic flight -- Highly reccomended. Thanks for reading Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

We thank for sharing this nice experience with us Crosscheck Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

We thank for sharing this nice experience with us Crosscheck Wink

My Pleasure GM Very Happy

its nice to see some people land manually, thank you crosscheck

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

sorry, didn't log in

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I always land maually except when the weather is really bad, I wouldn't want to jeperdise the safety of my passengers Wink

Pw

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I land manually all the time. I think it gives a lot more realism to FS and it is much much more exciting!! Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

[quote="jeffb57"]

Anonymous wrote:

Now, considering I was flying an Airbus, it's not very realistic, but I do love the feeling of accomplishment. That way, I didn't just push a few buttons and get it down, if you know what I mean -- It takes skill to master, but I have over 500 hours in the A320, and so I've developed a knack for it Wink

Pappy55 Guest

Anonymous wrote:

LOL I always land manually

Maby because I cant get autoland to work Embarassed

*hides*

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

one pilot i know just relies on the autopilot. after take-off, he turns it on and at 200 ft agl, he turns it off and lands. kind of makes you wonder what would happen during an avionics or eletcical failure