Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

vatsim traffic

Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

has anyone experienced a HUGE drop in framerates when flying on vatsim and into a really busy airport? Just wondering if there is anything to counteract this?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

You should try downloading the latest version of squawkbox. I know in previous versions that has been a huge issue.

Regardless of the version though, crowded airports have only marginally been better for me. People say that since the amount of traffic is less than in Ultimate Traffic programs, it should provide better framerates. The reality is, it also depends on the speed of your internet connection, the speed of the servers, and even the way the traffic is handled real-time vs. AI.

Sorry, the best news I have for you is either to increase the bandwidth of your Internet connection, connect to a different server, or get a faster processor?

*sigh* I can't wait to fly on VATSIM in heavy traffic again...🙄

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Dump squawkbox and download FSINN. It allows you to select lower res models and even turn traffic off whenever you want (without losing the connection). It also does not have that annoying "taskbar" and it has better weather.

Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

where do i download that at?

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain
Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

thanks for pointing that out. it looks way better than squawkbox. please excuse my computer ignorance 🙂 but how do u disable multiplayer traffic? and when u load the VIP packages does it really make a huge difference in performance?

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Take the time to read the manuals/forums/tutorials. I don't know about the frame rates, shouldn't be too bad anyway. As for the traffic, click on the "three computers" icon in the FSINN box (while in game). It will turn red. No traffic will show, but you're still online.

Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

just wondering what you use for the voice program with FSINN? having some problems with avc

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I use AVC without problems really, but the new version of FSINN (still in beta, but downloadable) does away with all that I think and uses its own, incorporated voice program.

Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

for some reason, i can connect to a vatsim voice server using avc, but when i try to transmit from within flight-sim using the right ctrl key, it won't transmit? any good ideas?

thanks again 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

1) Is the right ctrl click the one you assigned as a push to talk?
2) Did you configure the voice? (From "SET" in FSINN menu)
3) Sound is on, level is correct etc (Windows)?
4) You are tuned in to the right station? (UNICOM 122.80 has no voice)
5) When you tune in, check the AVC taskbar icon. Do you see the rest of the players connected? Do you see the controller connected?

Let us know 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
fmpjb Trainee

thanks for the help, apparently, i was not tuning in properly! LOL

must be my brillant computer skills.

FSINN is great! no more turtle like frame rates when going into really busy airports! hurray!