Anybody speak Russian? (airshow crash)

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

just found this news report (in Russian)
Anyone with any more news on this?

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I don't speak russian but good find mate, I enjoyed the video. I'm sure I heard autopilot in there somewhere though!!!

PW

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😳 😳 😳 ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If MilanNN comes by he can do it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Thanks for the link! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

It's sad...I feel sorry about the pilot who maybe lost his/her life during that crash. Look at the smoke coming from the engines before the crash. It looks like the pilot applied full throttle (no afterburners) to lift the aircraft but with no success. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

they also tried their hardest to avoid the spectators by the looks of it, to consider others when in great peril yourself deserves a S!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Yeah,but agus,i also saw th esmoke,but didn't you see that parachute opening up in theh last scene,right in the back?I re-check it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah,check it out,1minute,13 secs.in th eupper right screen you can see the pilot's parachute.Too bad for that mig-29.or was that a su-27?oh well.the pilot escaped. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh yeah...I didn't see that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

didn't notice that...

bet that hurt when he landed, you don't get much time for the canopy to open at that sort of height

fair play to the guy though! he must have left that right to the last minute!, where is the ejector handle in one of those?

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

He's gonna get a b******ing for that! Poor b*****d!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah he did that last roole a bit too low.
I agree about the bad landing too,because one of those rocket propelled seat can only shoot you about 50 meters high up.and judging that it'll take you about 20 meters for the parachute to open,you'll crash with 8G's.Enough to shatter a few bones.The ejector handle(red) is in the middle,like in an f-15:

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

bet that hurt when he landed, you don't get much time for the canopy to open at that sort of height

I was thinking that too.

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

yikes! that's a pretty horrific crash ❗ ❗ ❗

here's one from a while ago. this de havilland DHC-4 "caribou" was test flying after being retro-fitted with new PW turboprop engines.

appearently, some maintainance guys left control locks on (or something related to that) and the pilots had no control after taking off... it's pretty horific, especially since you're watching 3 peoples' lives come to an end

may their souls rest in peace.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah they had no chance.Poor guys.I bet it was an engine failure,+a strong wind burst.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...