Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I cannot play!

ifikratis_the_ellhn Guest

Hi all

I uninstalled the fs2004 because of a problem in a sound flie. Then I try to install it, the installation completes, BUT when I run the .exe I got the usual start photo of the DC, the screen goes black and the program closes. What should I do?? Please help. Don' tell me to install it again, I have done it 4 times on diferent hard disks of my pc and the problem is the same. I start the fs, the DC appears, then the screen black and the fs close.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Did you try to clean up the registries after un-install it?
Unistall FS doesnt mean that your system is clean from it.
The Flight Simulator File contained in your My Documents folder remains there and also the created FS file in your Program Files.(Microsoft Games)

What cause you this sound problem?Did you change or add anything in your system?

Χαιρομαι που συναντω εναν Ελληνα εδω μεσα. 😉

Last edited by Greekman72 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total

Τώρα πρέπει να μιλήσω αγγλικά;; Καλά οκ.

The sound problem occured when I ovewrited a sound file from an add-on. I deleted the fs folder in my documents and in the program files, but the problem exists. It is very frustrating. Any help would be greatly helpful

Γειά σου Ελλάδα!

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

just wandering....how do you do that writing?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Δεν ειναι σωστο για τους αλλους..ετσι δεν ειναι? 😉

How you run FS?Are using the CD4 or the No-CD crack?Something cant load right from FS files and thats why it corrupts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

brownbox wrote:

Its the alternative Language in our systems brownbox. 😉

No, I use the CD4. I made a new installation. I can' t understand what is going on. The uninstall isn' t suppose to delete any fs file in the windows folder? I don't want to change anything there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Μπορώ να μιλήσω τα λίγα ελληνικά 😉

Μίλα μίλα, μια χαρά τα λες.

I found an article from microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837195 and I managed to open the fs but directly fly. No welcome screen.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Τα ελληνικά είναι μια όμορφη γλώσσα

I'm glad that you have solved your problem 😀

PW

However I cannot access some features of the welcome screen (neither by clicking end flight the welcome screen appears). For example I can' t add an area.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ifikratis_the_ellhn wrote:

No, I use the CD4. I made a new installation. I can' t understand what is going on. The uninstall isn' t suppose to delete any fs file in the windows folder? I don't want to change anything there.

No.In most of the programs w are use the directory in Program Files remains there.Unistall something doesnt mean 100% clean of it.There registries written,created folders etc.
If i was you i will
1.Uninstal FS(Unfortunately again )
2.Delete the FS folder in ''My documents''
3.Delete FS folder from C/program files.
5.Empty your recycle bin.
6.Click My computer/right click drive ''c''/properties/disk cleanup/click all the tabs you will see and clean them
7.Clean up your registries from Start/run/type ''regedit''/edit/find/type ''flight'' ...or use a registry cleaning program like F.E. ''Reg Cleaner'' ➡

http://www.downseek.com/download/21692.asp

8.Just in case run a spam-add on cleaner like ''Spy bot'' ➡

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tag=srch&nid=1&qt=spybot&tg=dl-20&search.x=23&search.y=10

and ''Ad-aware'' ➡

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=ad-aware&tg=dl-20

9.Reboot your system.
10.Install FS.

11.Check if some useless programs running on background and disable them with this helpful utilities. ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2948/fsautostart-v11/

12.Be sure that you have the latest direct X drivers installed in your system.C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe.They should be should be version 9.0c

11...Let us know

😀 PW i see that you speak Greek fluently 😀 Where did you learn them?

I made all of that you say, plus the article of Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837195

Result: Nothing, nothing, nothing.

The only way to play the game is to bypass the welcome screen at all, but that way has the drawback that I lose many functions of the game, like adding new scenery.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Strange.... Umm...

Are you CDs in a good condition?Fingerprints,scratches etc?And a ''just in case'' question..Do you own a legal copy of FS?

My FS is legal of coarse, and the disks quite clear. Ok some have some lines but I don't think this would so anything serius. If something could't been read it would said it during the installation.

It is very frustrating all this!! Mad Mad Mad
What I should do? I have installed and unistalled the fs2004 many times in the past. What happened now? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Oh, no. I don' t want to perform a format Crying or Very sad .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ifikratis_the_ellhn wrote:

My FS is legal of coarse, and the disks quite clear. Ok some have some lines but I don't think this would so anything serius. If something could't been read it would said it during the installation.

Not necessary... 😞 If this is the 4th one then maybe its a serious reason for your problem.You say you try everything you have been suggested.You try also the No-CD Crack???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

It is very frustrating all this!! Mad Mad Mad
What I should do? I have installed and unistalled the fs2004 many times in the past. What happened now? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Oh, no. I don' t want to perform a format Crying or Very sad .

Format is always a solution.And sometimes when the hopes are over is the last and better solution.

Thats life my friend. 😉

Απο Αθηνα εισαι?

The No cd-crack didn't do anything. After the flash screen is displays an end-program window. Crying or Very sad

Ναι από Αθήνα, Μαρούσι είμαι.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

It has to be compatible with the FS version you run.FS9 OR FS9.1

Κηφισια εδω. 😉

It is for the 9.1 I run. Anyway, I thing I should perform a format. Mad
Any other suggestion is realy welcome!!

I have the same problem and have had it for weeks!! FS just shows splash screen then crashes without even an error or anything. Various forums are giving different reasons and the last I read was that IE beta 7 can cause FS to crash on start up!

I am using IE 7 beta but typical Microsoft there is no uninstaller to IE 7 so I can't get it off my system to see if FS will open without this beta IE? I am going to try installing FS on my wife's computer later and see if I can get it to work & then failing that I might try my laptop in case I have a scratched disc but it seems clean to me (the NO-CD crack fails as well!)

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I suggest that you reformat your hard drive and reinstall your programs.

gsumner Guest

I suggest you have a look at this thread if your have installed IE7

http://msmvps.com/blogs/thenakedmvp/archive/2006/02/27/84921.aspx

It worked for me

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

I am using IE 7 beta but typical Microsoft there is no uninstaller to IE 7 so I can't get it off my system to see if FS will open without this beta IE? I am going to try installing FS on my wife's computer later and see if I can get it to work & then failing that I might try my laptop in case I have a scratched disc but it seems clean to me (the NO-CD crack fails as well!)

You can remove IE7 beta using your Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs. Make sure you check the "Include Updates" box once the list of programs is populated.

Greekman72 wrote:

brownbox wrote:

Where is the brownbox?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

brownbox wrote:

Where is the brownbox?

brownbox is a member of our site.

Thank you guys!!!
I was ready to write that I did a format and the same problem happend, but I read your posts.I deleted OLEACC.DLL and the problem is solved!
Many many thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thats great ❗

Kαλες πτησεις!!!