takeoff?

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

hey guys.. I've been using flight sim since version 95 was out, and I still having trouble with takeoff. I line up with the runway and everything, but I don't know what to do from here. whenever I rev up my engines my wheels want to turn to the right, so i turn down my thrust, but i can't get off the ground. also-- how far down the runway do I put my landing gear up? thanks in advance for your help guys... I really appreciate you reading this whole thing thinking I was serious when it's actually an April Fools joke. 😀

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Is this with prop planes or jets? With prop's the torque of the engine will pull it to one side, if its a jet try turning on Auto Rudder. My Cessna Citation goes perfectly straight down the runway on take off.

Also pull up the gear as soon as you've established a positive rate of climb.

Pro Member First Officer

solotwo i think you need to read the entire message again.. especially the last sentence or two 😂 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

yeah solotwo, what you said looks pretty stupid

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

solotwo i think you need to read the entire message again.. especially the last sentence or two 😂 😉

One day in the not so far future you will experience a terrible shock... when you discover that the majority of members don't read Yes

Pro Member First Officer

lol.. he probably read "..i've been having trouble taking off.."

..and then jumped to conclusions, lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i can;t answer your firt question, i've never had problems getting off the floor. you put your gear up when you have a positive rate of climb - ie have a good climb rate and actually getting higher.

Pro Member First Officer

Umm... has anyone ACTUALLY read the ENTIRE first message?????

i guess the joke's on all of you ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

check the date it was posted on at the top hehe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

Umm... has anyone ACTUALLY read the ENTIRE first message?????

i guess the joke's on all of you ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I for one have read the entire message... but have you actually read my reply...?

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

🙂) 🙂) 🙂) Tongue Twist Tongue Twist Tongue Twist 👍 👍 👍 ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

😂 😂 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer

tailhook wrote:

I for one have read the entire message... but have you actually read my reply...?

no i read your message.. i wasn't referring to you tailhook, i was referring to the 2 or 3 people who appearently did not read the whole thing, lol.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I did read the whole thing but I didn't think anyone was that damn lame to waste his time filling the forum with crap just because its april fools.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

On the positive side, April fools day has come and gone so we can start to 'concentrate' on other irrelevant foolish chatter... but would anyone agree that we move over to the 'gossip forum' for this purpose in the future?

...or am I the lone voice in the wilderness again

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have this vision of tumbleweed and a barron landscape before me 😉

Yes I think you are right 😉

Pro Member First Officer

bah! it's good to have a joke every so often

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

You guys must be kidding me 😕

Solowto, your willingness to help is always appreciated, but please have some humor.

Pilotguy, I understand where you were going with this, but consider he may have skipped that part seeing as how it was a kind of run-on sentance, and you just threw it in after thanking us for help.

Take it easy guys -- Back to flying

Pro Member First Officer

no hard feelings. im not mad at anyone 😀

now can someone delete this post before it gets more rediculous?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If you realy want it deleateted,I can do it,but I think it just shows our humour 😉

If you realy want it to go please PM me

Pro Member First Officer

nah you can leave it up.. indeed it does show our humor 😉 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...