Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

New video from yoyoman : Aviation Music composer

Pro Member Trainee
yoyoman Trainee

Hello dear Fly Away Simulation members Wink

My latest project is finished : More than 2 months of work to accomplish the artistic video called "Aerobatics". You'll notice that the planes are nicely choregraphed with the music. I'm sure you will like it since I have very positive feedback.

The link towards the video (640X480) is here :

If you want to download it (320X240) you can click here :

and the link towards the standalone audio soundtrack is on my usual aviation music website :

I wish you a nice relaxing moment with "Aerobatics" and kind regards from Belgium,

yoyoman

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Very nice and well done.

I love the sound track, nearly as much as the video Thumbs Up! Clapping Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

That was so beautiful!! Love Great job Yoyoman!!! Thumbs Up!

I'm wondering how you made that video... Did you mix FS with the real life or something like that?

I've read that you started to make your own music. How do you do that?

Once again, very nice job. I really liked your video! Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not only beautiful music done to perfection for the video but those models are magnificent in their detail.
Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Radar

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

not bad Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very good video and sound track
The best graphics I have ever seen Thumbs Up!

Now,down to the nitty gritty,what program was that ?

That was not fs9 Nope

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I'm very Impressed!!! Very Happy I love it,and I could almost not tell if it was an fs.But,I guess you used a rc plane fs.What did you use?It was very realistic.Great Job!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Absolutely perfect Exclamation Shocked Exclamation
Thanks for giving us the chance to see your great job yoyoman.
I hardly believe that its not real.Amazing graphics. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain

yeah,at first i though it was a rc plane airfield. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

yeah,at first i though it was a rc plane airfield. Very Happy

Yep, Surrender watching it again I think you have it,real video and r/c aircraft,or its time I bought a new monitor Hack ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Enough said Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

...speechless....

Clap Clap Clap

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Very good video and sound track
The best graphics I have ever seen Thumbs Up!

Now,down to the nitty gritty,what program was that ?

That was not fs9 Nope

The graphics don't look like from FS. But I thought it was FS because of the airplanes. Look at the A320 at the end of the video. The way it moves through the taxiway Think And the real airplane in the background....
It makes me think about it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I know,but it can't be fs,only rc planes can do such tight turns and acrobatics.It can't be fs.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Maybe payware airplanes can? Those graphics were real. Look at the trees and clouds, and real airplanes, and the grass. That is real.

I've never seen an RC A320 airplane Confused Or maybe is it because I've never looked for one? Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

I've never seen an RC A320 airplane Confused Or maybe is it because I've never looked for one? Laughing

Look for any rc plane,and you will find it:

I might buil one of these.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Interesting Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Interesting Rolling Eyes

Isn't it...
I remember this really dumb guy responsable of the security on my rc club airfield,And then he forced a newbie to do formation flying with,him by accident crashed into the newbie and then accused the other guy!!!But,it wasn't that bad to se his 600$ rc plane in a million splittered little pieces Twisted Evil ...

Pro Member Trainee
yoyoman Trainee

Hello dear members,

You guys are incredible : It's fantastic how much feedback you get overhere : I am active on 20 different forums and you beat them all with your answers. This is no flattery, this is just the truth. I assume Fly Away Simulation is a great site filled with fantastic members Very Happy

So (The list became long !) hms_endevour, Agus0404, Jeffb57, Pilotwannabe, Tailhook, Tomthetank, Greekman72 (Calimera!), Brownbox, CRJ Capt, Liono, RadarMan, and those I forgot to mention but did read,

Your support means realy a lot to me. What you are watching in just 8 minutes 20 seconds was created in 2 months and 1 week. And during that period, I had moments in which I was fed up with it because it demanded a lot of patience to make this project. the most tough part was in fact not the video but to compose my soundtrack. I don't know why but I had less inspiration, but once I started the piano melody line I felt that things were going to be allright. the tough part about the video was to get fair image quality. I took some time to discover why my images were bad : Wrong frames per minute. Once that was fixed, the image became much better. What you can see is not perfect but this is due to file compression Confused

The least I can do here is answer you in detail, just to thank you that way for your so nice words.

@ Agus0404 : I have been composing for 2 years now and in my first 2 tracks I have been using samples (Brussels National and Transplania) mixed together using the eJay and Magix softwares. My next tracks are composed starting from scratch using professional software. You can find more information on my bandpage because I explain things more in detail overthere.

@ hms_Endevour : Many of you were wondering what kind of software I have been using. You were right, this is a R/C software using a real landscape (That is obvious when you watch the video) but the planes are virtual. Such software demands a fast computer because the scenery is so detailed !

There is no secret overhere. I'll tell you how I made it :

1. To compose a soundtrack appropriate for this video in which all the planes feel at home. For instance, the sweet flute melody is excellent for gliders, and the beat part fits amazingly well the F-14 and F-16 and Harrier planes.
2. To learn to fly those planes. Yep ! I had to learn to pilot them all. Some were easy cake but others tricky, like for instance that red/white plane reminding of a bee. This is the Gee Bee built in 1936 for racing and the short wings make this plane fast but unstable. The most tough part though was that F16 hopping during it's landing (Nearly missed landing). I made that landing that way for fun and only after some 30 attempts things were ok !
3. Once I could fly them all I divided my soundtrack in several small pieces so that I could play small sections in our living room. On every section I used another plane. I connected my laptop to our DVD recorder via S-video and at the same time I put on a section of the audio cd with the CD player. Now it had to be synchronized carefully.
This way I recorded every section of the soundtrack and once that was finished I had to rip the DVD and upload it towards a video movie maker in my pc.
4. Export the file for internet stream
5. ... That's you Very Happy watching the video.

Oh, that software, of course, has a name : Aerofly Professional Deluxe. Just type this into Google and you'll find it easily !

Well, once again, all of you realy did put a smile on my face. I'm very honoured to have such nice comments here in such short period of time.

Warm regards from Belgium,

yoyoman (Bruno)

Pro Member Chief Captain

Interesting post, Yoyoman! Wink Thanks so much for the information.

I remember when you joined this website and gave the address of your webiste. I tried to download some of your soundtracks, but couldn't for some reason. Yesterday, I could download all of your tracks and I've been listening to them. They are just great and professionally done.
Good job! Thumbs Up!

I am wondering if you are working something else at the moment or if you are going to do something more later on.

You deserve such nice comments because you've done an incredible job. I've never seen a video like that with a mixture of virtual airplanes and a real landscape. And best of all, it was so smooth! Smile

Keep up the good job!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Thanks for the info yoyoman
Thanks for letting us share your music and videos Thumbs Up!

Here is a link for Aerofly Arrow

Pro Member First Officer
ste (tazz126) First Officer

yes that was brill thank u again for making it
as we all no to do something like that takes time Laughing Wink Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yoyoman, I want to thank you for the music also, I downloaded all of them yesterday like Agus did.

TTT, the Super Constellation and the DC-3 look real.
Thanks for the nice slide show. You find the best visuals sites. I'm sorry I never started to bookmark them in one folder.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

De rien...You can even speak french,right?
I found out about th esoftware this morning.I saw it in a magazine and recognized the pics of it immediatly! Very Happy Gotta repeat it:Amazing video.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great job YoYoman. Clap Clap Clap

Pro Member Trainee
yoyoman Trainee

Well, you have not been sleeping since my last post, looks like Very Happy

@Tomthetank : Good idea you post that link towards the software Tomthetank and you're welcome Wink

@ Tazz126 : You're welcome, it's my pleasure to share it with you !
Such video demands much efforts indeed but in the end it's rewarding Wink

I found a video which is interesting to watch because you can see a R/C Airbus, but a real one, and it's interesting to compare it with the Airbus of my video in the end section !

@ hms_Endeavour : I speak french indeed at home but online I get in touch daily with other composers worldwide and I always speak english with them in the chatrooms and the forums. When I review music tracks from artist's it's also in english ... I love the english language, it's beautiful !

@ CRJ Capt : Thanks Very Happy

@ RadarMan and Tomthetank : I notice that more and more people download all my tracks in a row as you did. I can track that daily in my statistics !

This makes me think of people who tell me : "Yoyoman, your best track is ..." or "Yoyoman, my favourite track of yours is ..."

My own opinion is that I simply don't have a "Best track" ... All my tracks tell another story, and all of them are very nice to listen to "In a row, the one after the other" ! Statistically I have a "Best track". It's Birds of War because this track is very powerful and it has been for a couple of months (And still is) in the top 20 of some 12.800 tracks listed in classical.
But on it's own, if you listen to this "Best track" a couple of times, you realy feel the dramatic weight of this track on your shoulders (At least) I do ... So ... You know what I mean ? This is why I wanted "Aerobatics" coming after "Birds of War" very cheerful and ... Even funny when you watch for instance the F16 nearly missing it's landing when it hops towards the corn field !

What else can I say ? Looks like my post is getting a long one ! Many artists protect their work. Some of them disable mp3 downloads. But when you are smart you can just use some special shareware audio recording software and record the stream as if you had downloaded it !

Other composers know of this and simply cut away a section of the track so that you simply can't get the whole thing on your HDDrive !

Another category disables some of their tracks for download, but not all of them.

And the category I belong to enables to download all their tracks. The reason why I am doing this is because I am aware that I am worldwide the only composer producing aviation music this way and being fully specialized in doing this. If I make downloads impossible, I would make many people unhappy that they have no access towards this music.

I'm using professional equipment. Expensive software used by professionals like for instance Mike Oldfield. For this software I have a powerful desktop and laptop. I have to pay money for every aviation sound I am using and sometimes they are not cheap. I would not even dare to tell you how much I payed for the sounds used in "Birds of War" ! OK, I'll tell you : 100 ! I admit that I have a full cd of war sounds usable for other tracks later ... Exclamation

So now I can answer Agus0404's question : You are wondering about my plans and this is a good question ! In the end of 2006 I will be releasing a commercial CD. All my tracks will be remastered by a professional studio so that their quality will become studio quality, thus the same quality as if you bought them in a music store. This CD will be used to cover my expenses. Perhaps and very likely I'll never cover my expenses but so what ? When you smoke a pack of cigarettes a day, will you ever cover those expenses one day ?

Normally, as any composer would do, once I start selling my cd I cut the MP3 downloads ! But I'll never do that, this would give me the feeling I'm cheating you. Because of what I said before : I want everybody to have access to my music. On the other hand it's not a good idea to keep ALL my tracks available for download while I'm trying to sell a commercial CD !

So very likely this is what I will do : 6 months a year I will enable 50% for download and the other 6 months the other 50%.

This means that in fact, that way all my tracks will remain available but not at the same time !

What I am scared of, is the fact that once I will sell a commercial CD I won't be welcome anymore into the forums. That's a big big problem. There are forum rules and commercial sites are not welcome.

Sigh, ... I have 2 internet sites ... I could perhaps link towards my non commercial site when I visit the forums and keep the commercial site unlinked ...

Agus0404, for a period of 1 month I rest now, regarding creativity. I need a break. To compose uses a lot of your energy and this is why I do rest in between 2 tracks. After "Birds of War" I only rested 3 of 4 days and this is too short. Now I realy need a break. "Aerobatics" is the first video in a row of a series of upcoming videos which were already scheduled last year.

Take care, all of you and if you have any comments regarding with what I said, if you disagree with anything, please feel free to tell me your point of view !

Thanks for your great support !!!!! Love

Kind regards,

yoyoman

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

A little delay for but here...Yoyoman your passion about your creations deserves a load of comments.Not flattering ones,you dont need them.
Speak the truth like everyone else did here is the only thank that we can give you as a reward for your great job. Exclamation

Συγχαρητηρια Wink Clap Clap Clap (Congratulations) Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Yoyoman when you start to sell your CD you can throw one towards the UK as you have a buyer Very Happy

Anyway nice work excellent music enjoy your rest and waiting for the next installment.

Liono

Pro Member First Officer
ste (tazz126) First Officer

bravo---bravo what can i say thanks for that
Group Wave Thumbs Up! Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yoyoman, you will also have a buyer in Portugal Wink

There is nothing I disagree with your post. I agree with everything you said.

That RC A380 is awesome!! If you look at the guy with the red shirt when he goes to check his RC airplane before takeoff, compare his height with the RC airplane's height Shocked Shocked

Well, I have to thank you again for the information you wrote. I am looking forward to buy your CD Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
yoyoman Trainee

@ Tazz126 and Greekman72 : Your comments mean a lot to me and I'm delighted to notice that you realy like what I'm doing. By the way, Greekman, my best friend here in Belgium is Greek and his name is Ilios. I know that name means "The sun" Cool

@Agus0404 and Liono : I'm sure you will like the CD I will sell in the end of this year. You will be able to enjoy great quality audio. My price will be aligned with the regular price of independant artists, which is a rather cheap price compared to cd's you would buy in a shop (I find them far too expensive !!!)

But right now I am not concentrated on my commercial CD at all, there is a time for everything and before that you should be able to enjoy new productions coming later. I'll probably start something new in May Wink

Thanks for your support dudes Very Happy

Kind regards,
yoyoman

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Actually is Ilias(ΗΛΙΑΣ) and salute him from me.Your a great guy Wink Count me too for your CD. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Trainee
yoyoman Trainee

Thanks Greekman, you are also a very nice person Very Happy

yoyoman

Pro Member Chief Captain

Nice vid of that rc a380!It even had rel mini turbines,2000$ each!Now,i will say,I don't have a favorite track,but i have a favourite music:Yours!!! Very Happy