Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

APRIL SCREENSHOT CONTEST!

Pro Member Captain
Taylor (Flyboy92) Captain

This months scenario is.....military transports.....this would be anything from a c-17 to a c-130 and what not Wink looking forward to many more entries this time around! Everybody have fun and play safe Laughing

Flyboy92

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

How can I submit a screenshot??
Do I just post here??

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lockheed C-130 Hercules USAF.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Russian military soviet A225 carrying Russian Space Agency shuttle

Out of London City Airport at dawn towards Canary Wharf area...gear going up Wink

Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

How can I submit a screenshot??
Do I just post here??

Yes pilotwannabe!

I think you already know about this Arrow

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Ok,another question:can one enter several pscreenshot's of the same plane???

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

My Entry:

C-130 in Antartica. A/C can be found on: www.pmstone.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Whoa! Is the control tower on fire in your screenshot, Panamerican?

Well, this time I won't be able to participate in this contest because I don't have any military aircraft Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Here is mine Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Here is mine: C5a Galaxy

Last edited by Nick (-Jester-) on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

GM has hosted his screenshot at photobucket. If you want you can use these sites Arrow
http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/

Both are free and Photobucket needs an account but its free. Or follow these simple instructions that GM kindly done Arrow

GM's Sticky

Regards,

Liono

EDIT

GM is that the new tweak I gave in my other post. If so Shocked Shocked Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No im afraid its not dear Liono.Its Active Sky6.I get it last Friday.I have no comments for this great add-on program. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
But FS Sky World is also a great program. Exclamation

If dear Flyboy,Captain Agus or RadarMan think that my shot is out of the competion because im using Active Sky i will remove immediatly my shot and stay out of the competion. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Don't worry, Greekman. Your shot is great. Many people here have payware addons that makes the sim look better.
Payware addons are allowed in this contest. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK here's mine. And don't laugh!!! Very Happy

Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL Poke in Eye

I just tease you PW.Its a great shot.That the way i like to fly-land Laughing Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL

Well it was windy!!!

Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thats the way i like it... Laughing Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

My vote goes to Elkinallen Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

My vote goes to Elkinallen Yes

Thats great but where is his entry???Am i missing something?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Oh sorry, I'm still trying to work out how all this business works. I thought you vote, and then you publicly declare who you voted for in order to ensure a democratic process (and push up your postcount yet another notch). Elkinallen, well who knows, he might yet send his entry - I hope so and therefore I vote for him for the time being.

If it turns out that he doesn't partake after all, I can always change my mind, keeping in mind that we are such a 'democratic' community.

Everyone is entitled to vote - right or wrong?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I was just asking very simple where is his entry with the thought that i miss something(it wont be the first time)...If you want to vote in advance you do very well...Of course you have the right..We are free people. Wink

Last edited by Greekman72 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook --> Hit with Chair <--Agus0404

ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Here is a quick one Arrow

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

So, what does the F18 transport exactly? =p

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry TTT,this month's contest is Military Cargo!

Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

Here's mine, C-130 Hercules.

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

ok, i had a few to choose from.. i hope i made the right choice Wink

good luck to all.. they're lookin' real nice so far! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think I'll post something differnet then everyone else. Here's a nice Chinnock hovering droping some much needed cargo for a few troops on exercise in the wilderness.

You didn't say it had to be a plane so Tongue (Waits for onslaught Tomato Tomato Tomato )

Liono.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I like it Liono. Shocked Punk Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cheers GM. I just thought I do something "outside the box" as everyone else was using C-5's, C-130's. So I thought why not search for a decent chopper and have a try.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Cheers GM. I just thought I do something "outside the box" as everyone else was using C-5's, C-130's. So I thought why not search for a decent chopper and have a try.

It was a good idea. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Umm... Yes I did read the main post Embarassed ,and my shot is of a cargo aircraft,just look under the wings,its the cargo of doom Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

Umm... Yes I did read the main post Embarassed ,and my shot is of a cargo aircraft,just look under the wings,its the cargo of doom Rolling Eyes

I think there need's to be a more clearer explaination on the worlds Military Cargo.

I'm the same as TTT on this one. There as much as cargo as is paratrooper's.

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

tomthetank wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

I think there need's to be a more clearer explaination on the worlds Military Cargo.

I'm the same as TTT on this one. There as much as cargo as is paratrooper's.

Liono

Sorry to spoil the party, but since we're all enthusiasts, that 'cargo of doom' is actually called ordnance and if you called it anything else, you'd be demoted from flight-lieutenant to eternal KP Devil

Pro Member Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

I think I'll post something differnet then everyone else. Here's a nice Chinnock hovering droping some much needed cargo for a few troops on exercise in the wilderness.

You didn't say it had to be a plane so Tongue (Waits for onslaught Tomato Tomato Tomato )

Liono.

No no no! I don't accept this Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Hehe, just a little joke. Your screenshot looks perfect! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Here's an oldie some of you may reconise:

It's my Lockheed C-27J Italian Airforce "Spartan" dropping spys over photoreal french owned Corsia!

(For those of you know don't know, this aircraft is used for both military passenger and cargo services, so it qualifys for the competiton Wink)

Nice work everyone so far!

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Oop's Wing-man, I don't think you are allowed payware planes!

Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Don't worry, Greekman. Your shot is great. Many people here have payware addons that makes the sim look better.
Payware addons are allowed in this contest. Wink

Does that include payware aircraft Question

cheekytrolly wrote:

Oop's Wing-man, I don't think you are allowed payware planes!

No problem CT, if the question above gets a "No" then I'll remove it. Wink

Nice screeshot by the way CT.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Flyboy said that aircrafts like the C-130 or C-5 are allowed. Payware addons (scenery, aircrafts, etc) make the shots look better. And we all want to win, don't we? To have a good C-130 shot, it is better to use the payware addon, thus making a higher possibility to win.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

tenuous Triple T, very tenuous Smile

Regarding payware, the rules at the start of the post don't state payware cannot be used, but they do not say you can eithe _

Pro Member Chief Captain

does the stratotanker count???I does carry a cargo of fuel.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Here is mine and I'd think tankers are fine, yea

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

tomthetank wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

Regarding payware, the rules at the start of the post don't state payware cannot be used, but they do not say you can eithe _

But I am saying that they are allowed now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

That's good new Agus, thanks for that! I think people who have payed for an addon deserve to win more than those who have not anyway, because they have actually spent money inhancing thier sim!

So sorry about the confusion there Wing-man, the scenery in the shot I posted is actually payware- but now we don't have to change anything thanks to the new rule!

Sweet shot by the way Bindolaf, but is it edited? Are we allowed edited shots? On other screenshot forums I have visited, there are seperate threads for edited/non edited pics Shocked

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Yes it's edited (and not very well, rather hastily). It doesn't matter if it "counts", I won't be offended Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

Edited shots are ok, as long as it is not too much edited.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Edited shots are ok, as long as it is not too much edited.

Agus0404 with all due respect that is not a definate answer. Are edited shots allowed or not? Yes or no. I believe if your shot is edited than that member has an unfair advantage on everyone else.

In the next screenshot contest I believe you will have to define the rules first then say what sort of screenie is required.

Please don't take this personal Agus but that answer was not really an answer.

Regards,

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain

I understand Liono. I had before a paragraph telling if edited shots were allowed, but I wasn't happy with it so I tried to make it better, but then I had to go to eat so I wrote what I have said in a hurry. I'm sorry for that.

Edited shots are allowed in this contest. It is the member's choice to edit or not their shots. So if someone wants to upload a new shot, feel free to do it. But only one will go to the poll.

I am not the one who defines the rules for the contest. Flyboy92 had the idea to make a Screenshot Contest and I supported him with his idea. It was him who posted the rules for the contest, but I believe that there should be rules for every contest.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Being in a hurry is not always helpful.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Insight wrote:

tomthetank wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

Where did you state that?

I think it would be useful in the starting post of each of these threads to state the exact rules, just so there is no confusion each time Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

I know, I know. I agree with you guys. But I'm not the one who defines the rules.

EDIT: I forgot to add this. I am a judge of the Screenshot Contest, so if there is any confusion or something I can figure that out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If im allowed to,i would like to suggest to make a post your or Flyboy and do as Insight points(shots rules).Move in this new post the shots that follow the rules and ask dear RadarMan to Lock this one. Wink

I think that this will help people to avoid confusion. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

How long left do I have until I the posting of screenshots ends in this months competition?

Pro Member Chief Captain

That would be a good idea. But I don't want to create a thread stating all the rules and stuff without having his approval. Flyboy92 was the one who came with the idea of a Screenshot Contest, so he is the "boss" and he creates all these threads. I'll send him a PM asking him if I can make a thread stating all the rules for this contest.

Pro Member Chief Captain

How long left do I have until I the posting of screenshots ends in this months competition?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Everybody have two weeks to upload their screenshot. So Sunday 16th would be the last day.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here's my entry:-

A C-30 Hercules departs from EGLF, Farnborough, UK heading to Moscow, in stormy conditions.

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

I don't have any heavies, so here is a picture of a Lockheed C-17 coming into an undisclosed location:

and while I'm disqualified anyways, a C-130 taking off over a C-17, excuse the dot...it's a piece of sand that got stuck in my camera:

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Keeping it Alive

Pro Member Chief Captain

NoWorries, those are really beautiful pictures! Especially the first one. But for this Screenshot Contest, only Flight Simulator pics are allowed.

You still have time to upload a picture until this next sunday.

Note: I probably will not be here that day, because I will be moving to another house.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Again Captain Agus. Shocked Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
I know how tired job it is...I hope not keep out of here for long time. Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, it's only me that is moving to another house. I have to start my pilot school next week, so I'm moving to the city where the school is. It's just one hour and a half away from Lisbon, and forty minutes away from Spain.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You turn page to your life Captain Agus.Im happy for this.You will enjoy you new way of life. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

I hope I will. It's going to be a new experience living alone, but it's going to be alright.

Thanks Greekman Wink

Pro Member Captain

hey guys, very nice shots coming in here! but i've come here to warn you all....... if anybody has been over to simviation lately you would find that their contest for this month is "rotating heavies" and boy has it turned ugly Shocked people there ranting about "your wheels are supposed to be on the ground" and what not. The moderator Fly2e is so mad that he practically came within discontinuing the whole SCREENSHOT CONTEST FOREVER now i do NOT want it to come to that!! Exclamation This is just to warn you all. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! let's keep the comments CLEAN not dirty and rotten Rolling Eyes Please! It is very fun to have this going on and i don't want to stop anytime soon either. Other than that you guys have till easter day to upload your pics!

Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain

CONTEST IS NOW OVER I will be back later to get around to the final 8 and so on because it is EASTERand i am going to have brunch with family and friends!

Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

Thumbs Up! thanks flyboy Cool