Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Baghdad horror story...

Sphagnum1 Guest

Grrrr......... I hate AI Traffic sometimes!!!

I've been doing this around-the-world thing with my A320-200 and FSPassengers. I was last in Cairo and decided to head for an adventure... Baghdad!

Departing Cairo was nice, I decided for the best chance of making it I'd come in under the cover of darkness similar to President Bush's suprise Baghdad trip in November 2004.

This is a shot abour 40 miles outside Baghdad Intl. airport. The closer I got to the ground below 10000 ft or so, the higher the "War Zone" risk became. Somewhere around 13% risk, I was shot at and my passengers were hit but the plane was OK. Around 17% or so, I lost (in very short order) my hydraulics, my electrical, my right engine, and my right fuel tank. This is a screenie right after all that happened.

I still had it under control though..... until I saw the plane sitting on the runway.

Wouldn't you know it, I landed the plane safely, and just as I was exditing the runway, the damn thing ran right into the back of me!!! I was pissed!!!!

arg!!!!!

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

oh wow... i would definitely be kicking/punching something after that one.. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

eh... sorry that happened 😕

Sphagnum1 Guest

So, I was so pissed that I wasn't able to end my near perfect flight last time because of some stupid AI, I redid it (this time with the AI turned off...

I lined up with the runway at 11,000 ft and when I hit 21nm away from the runway, I decended at 2300ft/min so as to fly through as little war zone as possible. Didn't seem to do much seeing as how I still got completely wasted...

Here's my FS report, no screenies this time sorry.

Flight SA999 End of flight report Date April 04 2006

Flight ID: SA999
Pilot: Aaron Van Der Veen
Company: Sphag Airlines
Aircraft: Airbus A320-200 Tropicairvirtual.com
Flight Date: April 04 2006
Departure: 05h22 (03h23 GMT)
Arrival: 07h03 (05h03 GMT)
To: ORBS - Saddam Intl - Iraq
Nbr of Passengers: 103

Incident Report:

One engine was damaged by small arms fire coming from the ground and ceased to function. The right fuel tank was hit by a ground shot and started leaking fuel. The left fuel tank was hit by a ground shot and lost all of it's fuel. The vacuum system was hit by a ground shot. The hydraulic system was hit by a ground shot resulting in total loss of all hydraulic systems. The electrical systems were hit by a ground shot resulting in a complete electrical systems failure. Your aircraft received a few ground shots. The aircraft was hit by anti-aircraft artillery fire resulting in a massive hull rupture. There was an exceptional pilot on board and despite the dire situation he was able to land the aircraft safely. The Captain has also declared an emergency before landing.

Report:

Flight Distance: 680 Nm Landing Speed: 134.91 kt
Time Airborne: 01h35:30 Landing Touchdown: -217.69 ft/m (nice)
Flight Time (block): 01h40:00 Landing Pitch: 3.34
Time On Ground: 00h05:00 Landing Weight: 144548 lbs
Average Speed: 427.49 kt Total Fuel Used: 15991 lbs
Max. Altitude: FL 290 Fuel Not Used: 8554 lbs
Climb Time: 00h09:31 Climb Fuel Used: 3334 lbs
Cruise Time: 01h05:04 Cruise Fuel Used: 7055 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 506.84 kt (M0.81) Cruise fuel/hour: 6506 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h20:55 Descent Fuel Used: 5601 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)
-Are relieved to have landed safely after the extreme weather they experienced during landing.
-Were in a better mood because they had food.
-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.
-Were anxious because they flew over a war risk zone.
-Were terrified because of the problem during flight.
-Were relieved to land safely after an emergency.

Financial Report:

Ticket Income: +$64,058 (680 Nm)
Cargo Income: +$39,466 (22998 lbs)
Services Income: +$0 (0 sandwich 1 hot food 0 drink)
Services Cost: -$654 (50% quality)
War Area Bonus: +$204,977 (99% max war level)
Emergency Bonus: +$66,731 (3600 failure point)
Fuel Cost: -$13,698 (15991 lbs Jet-A1)
Airport Taxes: -$195 (Large Aircraft)
Insurance Costs: -$4,472 (4.32% rate)
Total Real Income: $356,213
Total Income: $17,810,650 (real x50)
Fleet Bonus: $4,131,028 (3 aircraft)
Total Sim Income: $21,941,678 (total income+fleet bonus)

Company Reputation:

Considering that the flight was perfect the ticket price normal, the service price free and the service quality good, passengers on this flight think that your company's reputation should be 100%
Your company reputation is now: 95% (+0.41 increase)

Overall Flight Result: Perfect

Pilot Bonus points: 3930 points
You made a very nice landing. (+50)
There was a problem aboard and you declared an emergency. (+150)
You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)
A serious problem occurred during flight but you landed safely, nice job. (+3600)
Flying in a combat area and a safe landing. (+100)

Now, my only concern: Seeing as how a couple hundred feet above and from the runway the war zone is 99% and you are almost certain to get riddled with bullets, will I be able to take off safely from ORBS (The actual ICAO for Saddam Intl, er, Baghdad Intl is ORBI now, FS is a little out of date...)? I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens. Set my ascent to 4500 ft/min and get as far out of there as fast as I can... hehe

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

id say fs purposly puts aircraft on the runway as you land.... i was doing small flights from nzhn to nzaa and each time i land theres another plane sitting dead on the runway Evil or Very Mad

Sphagnum1 Guest

Well, I normally am in contact with ATC so they clear the runway as i approach... but when I lost electronics, they couldn't talk to me so they cancelled my flightplan and it's as though I didn't exsist...