Any viable replacements for Active Sky?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well I love my Active Sky 6 to death, well at least what it does, except its been ruining my FS experience as of late by constantly crashing FS9 over and over again after about an hour and a half, doesn't fail. And I love how the Active Sky support guys no matter how much proof people have, always insist that Active Sky is NEVER EVER NOT IN A MILLION YEARS EVER been proven to cause ANY PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. Extremely annoying.

So basically are there any other programs that are as good or close to being as good as Active Sky in any way?

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

First of all have you installed in the update from there site? ➡

Active Sky Update

Active Sky was my first ever payware for FS and have no problems with it at all.

If you do get AS back and running normally I advise to download FS Sky World as well ➡

I truely hope you get AS6 back to normal as your simming won't be the same.

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I can confirm that FS SkyWorld its a great free add-on program.Thanks to Liono for let me know about it. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Is Active Sky 6 only good for providing real world weather when you are online or is it any good for an offline machine as well? What exactly does it offer that the default MS weather engine doesn't - I mean you can set windspeed, direction etc., rain, blizzards and all that in default MSFS right?

Thanks.

Guest Liono Guest

Have a look on there website JTH, I think that will be easier than try to explain ➡

Active Sky Website

Regards,

Liono.......Active Sky 6 is the way to go 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well for the hell of it I downloaded the upgrade even though I already had it since I purchased after the upgrade date, and installed there new beta patch, still does it, same EXACT part of my flight, 3 times now today, so annoying. Later when the frustration wears off I'll try it again with active sky totally off, before I owned it I used to run FS for days on end without problems.

Thankfully Active Sky support is virtually useless because active sky isn't the problem, ever, even though lots of people still have this problem and have confirmed the problem ONLY happens with Active Sky open.

Btw I had hoped that this problem would've stopped after having to reinstall FS9 but to no avail. Argh, when its working I do love it to death, thats for sure.

Sphagnum1 Guest

Greekman72 wrote:

I can confirm that FS SkyWorld its a great free add-on program.Thanks to Liono for let me know about it. 👍

I just downloaded this program and installed it to my hard drive.. But when I run the actual program, it seems like it wants to install again with all of these "sets" to choose from. I don't want to do anything until I know what this is. What should i choose to "install" from this screen? Is it only a one time thing or do I have to uninstall anything I install from this screen? What do all these packages mean? Thanks for the help guys.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

[quote="Agus0404"]What about this?

This looks really good Agus, have you got it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Sphagnum1 wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

I just downloaded this program and installed it to my hard drive.. But when I run the actual program, it seems like it wants to install again with all of these "sets" to choose from. I don't want to do anything until I know what this is. What should i choose to "install" from this screen? Is it only a one time thing or do I have to uninstall anything I install from this screen? What do all these packages mean? Thanks for the help guys.

You can choose several combinations of weather conditions and types of dusks,and dawns.When you choose them you will notice that down and right it has a tab ''Install & Run FS'' or something familiar.Hit this and check your weather and sky.
This choice remains until your next time you change something.

VIMANA Guest

Hi, You are obviously a frustrated and angry fella and I don't want to upset you further... but....
Your problem is addressed in FAQ and the best advice I can suggest
is that you follow that advice to the letter, one thing at a time and check the results, if any before going to the next stage.
I really hope you can solve your problem, AS V6 with ASG (orFE)
is a great combination.

regards

Wiggins

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

What about this?

This looks really good Agus, have you got it?

Unfortunately I haven't 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

VIMANA wrote:

Hi, You are obviously a frustrated and angry fella and I don't want to upset you further... but....
Your problem is addressed in FAQ and the best advice I can suggest
is that you follow that advice to the letter, one thing at a time and check the results, if any before going to the next stage.
I really hope you can solve your problem, AS V6 with ASG (orFE)
is a great combination.

regards

Wiggins

I have read it Wiggin's, and contacted them already, basically what the FAQ states is that Active Sky is never, could never, and it's impossible for it to ever cause any problems with the crash to desktop, though I added all my add on's one at a time, and I didn't have any crash problems until I installed and run Active Sky. At about the same EXACT amount of playing time FS9 would crash with Active Sky running, today I have it turned off and have been flying for hours without problems.

It is a great program, works for many people, but a few people have the same problem as mine but its impossible for us to fix it because HiFi refuses to except that Active Sky causes this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

A shot in the dark -- do you have the appropriate FSUIPC version installed?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well I'm using FS Skyworld right now, nice piece of kit there, and then with fs's live weather updating, works for now, hopefully I'll get active sky fixed some day.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Active Sky ships with FSUIPC from what I can see. Obviously it will be the version that's available at the time of the release of your software.

That particular version may have to be replaced with a more recent version. Normally the FSUIPC.zip folder contains a long PDF file which you're supposed to read. Of course, hardly anybody ever does and that's the reason why the author says something like '...do at least read this part...'.

My suggestion, do read those parts and you'll say 'Bingo' it does make sense after all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

So by reading the manual it will magically work? I have the correct version and registered, its already been ruled out as not being the problem.

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

i,m going to download that when im at home tonight! 😛 😛

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...