What time of the day do you prefer to fly in on FS?

What time of the day do you prefer to fly in on FS?
Day
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Dawn
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Dusk
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Night
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 25

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi,

So is it Day, Night, Dusk or Dawn - and please if you can explain why.

Thanks

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dusk for me.I love this time of day in real life too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I chose dawn because it isn't too dark and not too light 😉

Also I like to land onto Runways with lights 😀 - just to see where im going 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yes - I chose dawn. I like flying when it isn't too light and too dark. I prefer it to dusk because I prefer the light to dark - so I can start in the dark and end up in the light - perfect! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I voted day. If I paid for scenery addons, I like to actually see the scenery. 😂

FROMSCHOOL Guest

I realy dont care what time to fly its my favorite thing is to fly so i dont care, form tiger typing from school, i have a computer class now !! and the teacher is mad at me
😀 Mad yOUR Tiger7881!!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Dawn for me. In many ways I compare aircraft to birds.
Up at dawn, preen or go through the checklists as the case may be... and off into a new day! Radar 😀

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

I like to fly during the day so i can see the aircraft I am flying in! If it is a beautiful aircraft like the tornado i like to see the details that i payed for when buying the ad-on.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

On the sim, I often alternate to touch up my nightflying skills. When flying to and from major airports, with plenty of detail, I love to fly at night, because nothing is more welcoming than arriving into an airport with lights like Vegas. Due to some MIP issues though, I try to look away, as it looks like the lights are moving, and it makes me dizzy. When I fly over beautiful land, eg. mountains, coasts, etc. I like to fly in the daytime, to make most of the view. Weather is also a factor, because it limits what I can or can't see, but there you have my point of view.

In real life, I generally launch the sim at night, and fly a quick one hour hop, because time is an issue, what with schoolwork, extra-curriculars, personal affairs, nighttime is the most peaceful time to relax and fly.

Last edited by Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Yes - I chose dawn. I like flying when it isn't too light and too dark. I prefer it to dusk because I prefer the light to dark - so I can start in the dark and end up in the light - perfect! 😉

I agree with Jon. My vote goes to dawn. ❤️

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Early in the morning but I enjoy the occasional night landings at a well lighted airport. There's something beautiful about that.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I voted for dusk. I usually like to end my flights around dusk or darker. The whole thing looks much more realistic as far as the graphics go.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

dawn for sure. i love taxxing to the runway as the sun rises. something familiar and nice - brings back good memories.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Dawn all the way. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

dusk 'n' dawn are close to a tie.. but i went with dusk... beautiful sunsets 😀 👍

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Day, I get the best FPS. If I had a better PC, then probly at dusk.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...