SearchSearch 

new Airbus military transport?

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

Airbus has finally gotten into the field of military aircraft. These are some concept renderings of the Airbus A400, scheduled to first fly in 2008. According to Airbus, it is supposed to "fill the gap between the C-130 and the C-17". This will also be Airbus's first turboprop aircraft.

There was another thread somewhere about Airbus "copying" Boeing. I am, in no way, reinforcing that statement. I am also not saying that one is better than the other, I support both Airbus and Boeing. However, the general design of this aircraft does resemble it's American cousin, the C-130.

14 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i saw that on disc. wings. it looks just like a c-130. probably a case of taking what is a brilliant design and just making it better.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Strange... sounds almost like an april fool's joke. Not that I doubt Airbus can make a military transport - and a good one - but is one really needed? Anyway, looks just like all the rest to me (but then I don't particularly like military aircraft).

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I like it!It's even an STOL,if you look at the second pic.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Congratulations to Airbus for getting into the military field. But, I thought Airbus already had a turbo-prop aircraft. I might be mistaken.

Pro Member First Officer

nah.. up until to this aircraft's announcement.. airbus had been all jet airliners

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

But what about the Airbus Super Guppy?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

Well that ain't a real picture...

Pro Member First Officer

ok panamerican.. you win this time, lol 😉

i forgot all about that prop super guppy

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, remember how I voted the A300-beluga transport as the ugliest plane way back when? I think we've found a new winner....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

originalgrunge wrote:

Well, remember how I voted the A300-beluga transport as the ugliest plane way back when? I think we've found a new winner....

Yes OG, as I said in an earlier post, this was sure a dark day in recent flightsim history... especially considering that you're hardly ever off the mark -- and I mean that 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Just found this...

http://www.justflight.com/en/(vjxcfa55yszv5455ifuajuae)/index.aspx

Looks quite good 😉

😀 😀 😀

It's the 7th picture, scroll down and you'll come to it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

Well that ain't a real picture...

the second is.the first isn#t,but the second is.

Pro Member First Officer

lol, none of these pictures are real... they're computer generated images of what the aircraft will look like... it's still on the drawing boards.

scheduled to first fly in 2008

😉