Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

using delta 767

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

is it possible for me to use a delta 767 for mfs 2004 without paying for winzip?

19 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

leddy wrote:

is it possible for me to use a delta 767 for mfs 2004 without paying for winzip?

Download the demo version, it lasts forever.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

what do i do after i download the free trial

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leddy wrote:

If you have Windows XP You Don't Need WinZip At All!!

Right-click on the .zip file, select Extract All... from the drop down menu and follow the prompts.

Why make things more complicated than they are ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

He's very right but I prefer to use WinZip, I have for more years then I want to say.
If you do download it just click on the "exe." and follow the installation wizard.
You can use it for zipping up a folder(s) or a few screenshots if you want to e-mail or upload a file for someone else to download.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

where is the .zip file

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The .zip file is the original file you've downloaded. It will be either where your browser saves it automatically by default, or, if you have specified another location before you hit the Download Button, it will be at that location.

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

ok, so im either stupid or really confused 🙂 lol. i have a lot of things in my flight simulator folder, which one is the .zip folder and where do i have to extract it

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you download something it has to go somewhere. I download into a folder I cleverly named "FightDownloads", in "My Briefcase", or you can simply download it onto your desktop.
Try downloading anything again and look in the top window just before you click on "Save", it'll tell you were it's going so you can find it easily.

If you installed WinZip it looks like this.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leddy wrote:

ok, so im either stupid or really confused 🙂 lol. i have a lot of things in my flight simulator folder, which one is the .zip folder and where do i have to extract it

When you download a .zip file from an internet site don't save it to (inside) your Flightsimulator directory.
Save it to your desktop for the time being -- it'll be easy to find this way.

Regarding your 'delta 767' , just do a Search, searching All Files and Folders and type in delta 767.
Once your search has located the .zip file, rightclick on it and select 'Open Containing Folder'. Now you will know where the .zip file is.

If by any chance it accidentally ended up inside your Flightsim directory, take it out of there. Cut and paste it to your desktop and then you can start with the extraction procedure as outlined above.

Let's know what's happening.

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

ok, i moved the AIA_767_400 DELTA_M folder, the shortcut to deltamid, and the aircraft to my desktop, am i right so far?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

leddy wrote:

ok, i moved the AIA_767_400 DELTA_M folder, the shortcut to deltamid, and the aircraft to my desktop, am i right so far?

👍 Right on! Now unzip it and install it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

how do i unzip it

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you have WinZip double click it, if your using XP unzip follow TailHooks directions, just right click.

Either way you'll have all the files and folder in a temporary window. Work on it from there. First read the Read-me.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

is unzip the same as extract?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right click.
Go to "open with".
Compressed folder.
Now you have your aircraft folder.

It would be easier if you told us which unzipping utility you are using.
Radar

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

i have the evaluation period with winzip

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

leddy wrote:

i have the evaluation period with winzip

Double click it, press evaluation version bar, say yes three times and it'll unzip.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
leddy Trainee

ok what do i do now

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

leddy wrote:

ok what do i do now

Follow these instructions.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar