Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

ATC...

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Um, hello all 😀

What's bothering me: that damn ATC in FS. You could be in the middle of a stall, about to crash and burn horribly, and it still keeps saying "Please expedite your climb to FL330" or whatever. Is there any way to improve ATC, like, to tell it "If I do what you ask we will all die"?

OK, granted, one solution is not to stall, but hell, we all make mistakes. Especially those of us who have been toying with FS for about two weeks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

First of all welcome to Fly Away antone 😀 ❗
Unfortunatelly there is no way to improve FS ATC.I agree that sometimes its little out of the circumstances... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Thanks for the welcome. Nice to be here.

Shame about the ATC, though. I mean, I have no real world piloting experience, but I'm pretty sure that if I told ATC I was in trouble they would make allowances and stop telling me to climb/turn/whatever.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway antone. 🍻

Many people complain about FS ATC. It's just an approximation of ATC, don't expect too much. The way that I look at it, having ATC in a flight simulation at all is pretty amazing. Yes it needs work but I'm sure it will be better in the next addition. Some people use VATSIM where you talk to real controllers(people just like us except they simulate ATC). 🙂

http://www.vatsim.net/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

There are some VAs(Virtual Airlines)like http://vatsim.net/ for example that offers you better ATC services.Since im not a user maybe someone else can explain you about it better. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

1-1 CRJCapt 😂 😂 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

1-1 CRJCapt 😂 😂 😂 😉

ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

Many people complain about FS ATC. It's just an approximation of ATC, don't expect too much. The way that I look at it, having ATC in a flight simulation at all is pretty amazing.
http://www.vatsim.net/

Hi, and thanks for the welcome. You are right, of course, it is remarkably intelligent. I've written computer programs, and I can't even begin to imagine how to code that.

All the same, an "Oh sh**! All bets off!!" option would be nice. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

There are some VAs(Virtual Airlines)like http://vatsim.net/ for example that offers you better ATC services.Since im not a user maybe someone else can explain you about it better. 😉

OK, I'll have a look. Perhaps I should also spend some time learning to fly airplanes. I dunno - radical idea, perhaps, but it may just help Surprised

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well if i was you i will start from flying first.
Its the most difficult but exciting part in my opinion.Learning center of FS provides a load of very useful infos.Just have a look there. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍 If you new to FS, don't jump straight into the heavy metal. With the exception of speed and altitude ability, the Cessna 172 can do most of what the Boeing 747 does in FS. You will also save yourself aggravation while learning. It however scores much less on the cool meter. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

Well if i was you i will start from flying first.
Its the most difficult but exciting part in my opinion.Learning center of FS provides a load of very useful infos.Just have a look there. 😉

Yeah - I do a bit of both. Some of my time I spend at the learning center in the Cessna, and the rest of it I spend crashing jet airliners.

I would say that I am not a sequential learner. Messing about is a big part of how I learn - regardless of subject. Probably just as well I don't have any passengers 😀

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

👍 If you new to FS, don't jump straight into the heavy metal. With the exception of speed and altitude ability, the Cessna 172 can do most of what the Boeing 747 does in FS. You will also save yourself aggravation while learning. It however scores much less on the cool meter. 🙂

This, of course, makes sense. But it's a lot more fun to crash a 747 into Three Mile Island than a Cessna.

I do, however, do the lessons and some day will be competent. 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

LooooooL

Im not the one that would said that FS isnt for fun too.Sometimes most of us(i believe) use to do aerobatics with a 747... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

LooooooL

Im not the one that would said that FS isnt for fun too.Sometimes most of us(i believe) use to do aerobatics with a 747... 😉

Aerobatics? Don't give me ideas 😀 My death toll must be in the thousands already, hee!

Seriously, I enjoy proper flying and also messing about. I've been fascinated by airplanes since I first flew on a 737 25 years ago. So I get the general idea, but the practical applications - oh dear.