Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

OH BOY OH BOY... this is gonna be a close one

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Okay first off I am flying my 737 from PHNL to KLAX and I am currently 45 min away about 400 nm out from KLAX well I ONLY HAVE 11% fuel left !!! what should I do ? I am at 31,000 ft and currently holding 280 help....fast....why does this always happen to me? Hit with Chair

Pro Member First Officer

oh and I am in FSPAX, I lied I am 350 nm out and now I have 10% Baby

sorry but I have never been in this situation before and If the engines cut out what is the best way to survive and make it to land?

Pro Member First Officer

GHAAA WHERE IS EVERYONE Shocked

Pro Member First Officer

ok well lets put it this way $#*^$^#*@(*#@($&*%^$^*&@^&%*&^#@&^$*#@&*%$))@&*(&!(@$#^@&%$&*!@*$#($&@#*^(%$(*#@$!)*#*$*#^#^*% Wall Bashing Censored Wall Bashing Censored Wall Bashing Censored Wall Bashing Censored Wall Bashing Censored Wall Bashing Evil or Very Mad Hit with Chair Wall Bashing AHHHHH.

Well now I will say it in english. I was making my flight as most of you know or some of you. From PHNL to KLAX it is about a 7 hour flight and I decided to make it my first flight for my new VA for FSPAX (Mountain Dew). I was about 40 min out from the mainland (California) when I reached 14% fuel left. I was cruising at 31,000 Feet and I thought if my engines cut on me I should be able to reach my secondary airport to make a emergancy landing. Well to my luck my reserves kicked in and I had 88 lbs left so I was able to make it with 12 min to KLAX.

I set up my ILS and ILS Heading and got ready for a wonderful and joyful landing after 7 hours of sitting in this chair looking over this forum along with two others about 10 times. So it was my turn to fly straight in on runway 7L and it looked good all the way in my altitude was a little shady at first but then it turned out to be alright. I crossed the thresh hold at 149 Knots Indicated and made my FIRST CENTER LINE LANDING but I dont know how hard the landing was, all I heard from the copilot was " OH MY GOD" then I felt a little bump as we "KISSED" the runway. It was awesome, only if I could have seen it outside of the plane. So I finally made it to Las Vegas just under 8 hours and started taxiing to the gate to let these tired, cramped up people out of the plane. Well I was told to contact ground and like any good or normal pilot I did, I pressed that magic number 1 key and
ABRA CODABRA ......................................................

IT CRASHED!!!

this is the error message I got "Missing ATC.DLL file" well BULL SH$^ I checked my FS9 folder and it was there not missing or anything so now I am wondering. I just, litterly just reinstalled FS9 because I was "Missing Files" well I reinstalled got back my aircraft and FSPAX and so on but I still get this stinking message.

well I am hitting the sack to wake up tomorrow a sad angry pilot who will have to wait to reinstall his game when he gets his brand spanking new computer. We will see, FS9 has won the battle but the war is not over...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well never tha tlong of a flight but I've had it crash enough times at the end of the flight. But I finally solved that problem, one flight per session. Fly one flight, restart FS9, there we go. Smile

Pro Member First Officer

but this was my first flight of the day

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah after reinstalling FS9 now I know when it does it, before hand it would do it randomly, like half way though a trip from denver to chicago. Except now when I close FS9 some times my computer crashed and I get the blue screen from hell saying I ran out of virtual memory or something.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

-Jester- wrote:

oh and I am in FSPAX, I lied I am 350 nm out and now I have 10% Baby

sorry but I have never been in this situation before and If the engines cut out what is the best way to survive and make it to land?

In the future, if you have made a fuel calculation error and are cut short with fuel, don't wait and see how far you can get before an engine cuts out. Apologise to the passengers for not going to the designated airport using the FsP menu and find an alternate airport around 50nm-100nm and descend immediately. 11% of fuel is around the amount needed for reserves on a flight, so you shouldn't still be cruising with that amount of fuel Wink

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

ahh man im glad i aint on your plane...

-Jester- wrote:

Okay first off I am flying my 737 from PHNL to KLAX and I am currently 45 min away about 400 nm out from KLAX well I ONLY HAVE 11% fuel left !!! what should I do ? I am at 31,000 ft and currently holding 280 help....fast....why does this always happen to me? Hit with Chair

I`d say that you should try a 747 next time.