Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Advice please

I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.
She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?
I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.
I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a veiw of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yawn

Pro Member Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Yawn

I guess so!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

lol superb!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Geek

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Forget the car. Start dating your wife's boyfriend. That'll teach her. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

ummmmmm,that means that ''guest'' would be gay...
No offense

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

ROFL ROFL

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Errr guys - can we be a bit more serious here - this guest is asking for advice and does not want us to make a joke of it. Come on - I am not being nasty - but lets not take this as a joke.

This guy is asking for some advice 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I understand and admire your feelings and your kindness dear SteveT,but such kind of problems_-if the guest is serious- cannot been solved from Internet and especially to this site.
I think that Jerry Springer's show is closer to his problem 😉

The better sollution he can find here is to be suggested flying in low altitude and watch his 6. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok - but if he is asking for advice here - why not give him some answers?

A lot of us post some random things here - for instance myself - I posted a subject a while back about asking a girl out - and you guys gave me advice - so why reject his post and turn it into a joke?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Because we know you and we believe you. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's simple. If you don't have children with her, get a divorce asap.

Regardless of what you were taught at home, school or other institutions, Homo sapiens is not by nature monogamous.

If children are involved, the situation becomes more delicate. They will be the first concern. They have to be spoken to and given time to understand.
It is possible to stay married for whatever silly reason (keeping up appearances) and lead a bigamous lifestyle. Soon however this will be less practical than preparing the children for the impending divorce.

If the adults concerned can lay their prejudices and misconceptions aside, the children will suffer less and both adults will be happier, which in turn will reflect on how they treat the children.

In most 'western' (I use this very loosely) countries we are raised to uphold the ideal of the nuclear family.
It wouldn't hurt to remind ourselves every now and then that we are a minority in this belief.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I think that we need a psychological support forum ❗

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Congrads on your 4000th post GM! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Congrads on your 4000th post GM! 😉

Thanks a lot dear Jarred_01.
Lets keep it quite Secret ...We had a lot of parties these days.Too much drinking is bad for health... 😉
Maybe i ll set-up one for my 5000 which will be in the next three days... 😉 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Regardless of what you were taught at home, school or other institutions, Homo sapiens is not by nature monogamous.

If children are involved, the situation becomes more delicate. They will be the first concern. They have to be spoken to and given time to understand.
It is possible to stay married for whatever silly reason (keeping up appearances) and lead a bigamous lifestyle. Soon however this will be less practical than preparing the children for the impending divorce.

If the adults concerned can lay their prejudices and misconceptions aside, the children will suffer less and both adults will be happier, which in turn will reflect on how they treat the children.

In most 'western' (I use this very loosely) countries we are raised to uphold the ideal of the nuclear family.
It wouldn't hurt to remind ourselves every now and then that we are a minority in this belief.

you either didn't read the post all the way through or this is a sarcastic response that left out the humour 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

ROFL This post is turning crazy! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Oh but what about the wheel arch situation?!

its me liam Guest

u aint read it all through some of u

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

lol id fix it myself. costs alot less money

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hehe, that 333 posts a day, or approximately 14 per hour! Gees, that would get your average post per day number up a bit! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

pilotwannabe wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hehe, that 333 posts a day, or approximately 14 per hour! Gees, that would get your average post per day number up a bit! 😉

I could share the words to seperate posts...Does it counts??? 🙂) Wall Bashing Wacko Banned

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

😂

...or english lessons where dictionaries are compulsary.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

😂

...or english lessons where dictionaries are compulsary.

More than agree... 👍 😂

A good(or gud?) opportunity for me too, to improve my English.... 😂 😉

🙂)

Pro Member Chief Captain

or stickies teaching you how spell well...remember that funny tool that somebody(I think it was fem)that translated any english you put into a box into the english of a 12 yeah old internet chatter?We should have that in reverse here for all the people on our forums who don't know real english...

Pro Member Chief Captain

.....This topic is turning in to two different subjects!!! 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

you either didn't read the post all the way through or this is a sarcastic response that left out the humour 🙂

I find that very strange coming from you in particular.

My first thought is always that the topic poster is serious in his request. If you for a change bother to read the whole thread you will find that only two participants gave the original poster the benefit of the doubt - and one of them is much younger than you Sir and it appears that he is also much more mature than you.

I'd suggest you read my post on this page ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/14074/hms-endeavour/ if it's not too troublesome for you that is, maybe you recognize yourself.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Is that directed to Insight or GM?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I dont think(and care 😉 ) that its for me.

You have your opinion dear Tailhook about the Guest poster(that he is serious).
I respect it but personally he will persuade me only if he comes back and put his comments.I will be the first that will apologize to him off not taking his post seriously.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes GM - I did say earlier that we should take it seriously.....

Good idea 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

.....This topic is turning in to two different subjects!!! 😕

as I said...

hms_endeavour wrote:

ROFL This post is turning crazy! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Is that directed to Insight or GM?

It has just been explained to me what and what not the purpose(s) of 'Quotes' are so I'm trying my best to tow the line and get some practice at the same time. Excuse the occassional glitch or omission - I'll improve as the time goes by.

Now to your question, if you look at Insight wrote:, then you'll know who the post was directed at.

I fixed it at halfords in the end cheers for the 'advice'.

Pro Member Chief Captain

and that's the end to a topic that turned into a mutant thread...wht about your wife?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

That is very nice for you

Tailhook wrote:

My first thought is always that the topic poster is serious in his request. If you for a change bother to read the whole thread you will find that only two participants gave the original poster the benefit of the doubt - and one of them is much younger than you Sir and it appears that he is also much more mature than you.

*sigh* there is no need to call me sir boy, regardless of how much you think of me Wink

I need not read the entire thread, there were just 3 posts (i think) before mine - none of which added anything, i then added my comment as this post is clearly a joke.

If you do not have the nouse to spot this for yourself, or indeed to finish reading the post before banging out your hurried reply and choose to call this "maturity" then you - of course - have the right to do so.

Tailhook wrote:

I'd suggest you read my post on this page ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/14074/hms-endeavour/ if it's not too troublesome for you that is, maybe you recognize yourself.

I really shouldn't feel the need to explain myself to you but you seem to be so bored of your tired and sad little existence that you take the time to troll up issues with everyone on this board - i may as well to give you some sort of purpose - as far as I can tell, that purpose is just that - to troll around looking for trouble and contribute little to the forum in the way of knowledge.

Yes I have only really been posting in the Off Topic board of late.
Yes I have paid my $5 for the right to do so.
Yes I have the right to post wherever I choose whenever I choose and say whatever I choose, do not try and tell me otherwise.
No i do not make a big deal over post counts
No I do not post to make my post count higher

My PC recently has been unwell, since I got it running again I have not had the time to get back into my flight simming - as I have been out of the flight simming scene I have not been posting in any of the flight related boards here as I feel I cannot add any value at this time - perhaps you should re-consider your posting in this board and perhaps give up altogether?

I read your post as you can tell and find this particular comment very amusing:

tailhook wrote:

can't be bothered to read the whole thread or even the topic and just tag on to the most recent post just to have their say.

Pot, kettle and black are 3 words that immediately leap to mind Wink

Seriously though Tailhook, if you cannot find anything more constructive to do than insult people on this board I suggest you go elsewhere to practice your anti social behaviour.

Pro Member Chief Captain

hey,calm down guys,let's not get this into an argument(or worse!) 😕 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Neutral

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

eh... maybe the real-world "flyaway members' banquet" won't be such a good idea.. 😕 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

That is very nice for you

Tailhook wrote:

*sigh* there is no need to call me sir boy, regardless of how much you think of me Wink

I need not read the entire thread, there were just 3 posts (i think) before mine - none of which added anything, i then added my comment as this post is clearly a joke.

If you do not have the nouse to spot this for yourself, or indeed to finish reading the post before banging out your hurried reply and choose to call this "maturity" then you - of course - have the right to do so.

Tailhook wrote:

I really shouldn't feel the need to explain myself to you but you seem to be so bored of your tired and sad little existence that you take the time to troll up issues with everyone on this board - i may as well to give you some sort of purpose - as far as I can tell, that purpose is just that - to troll around looking for trouble and contribute little to the forum in the way of knowledge.

Yes I have only really been posting in the Off Topic board of late.
Yes I have paid my $5 for the right to do so.
Yes I have the right to post wherever I choose whenever I choose and say whatever I choose, do not try and tell me otherwise.
No i do not make a big deal over post counts
No I do not post to make my post count higher

My PC recently has been unwell, since I got it running again I have not had the time to get back into my flight simming - as I have been out of the flight simming scene I have not been posting in any of the flight related boards here as I feel I cannot add any value at this time - perhaps you should re-consider your posting in this board and perhaps give up altogether?

I read your post as you can tell and find this particular comment very amusing:

tailhook wrote:

can't be bothered to read the whole thread or even the topic and just tag on to the most recent post just to have their say.

Pot, kettle and black are 3 words that immediately leap to mind Wink

Seriously though Tailhook, if you cannot find anything more constructive to do than insult people on this board I suggest you go elsewhere to practice your anti social behaviour.

As usual, incoherrent drivel - but then, I didn't expect anything better... or is it my inferior intellect compared to yours?

I take issue with you accusing me of insulting people and antisocial behaviour. It is you who stands as the accused as it is you who uses rude language and doesn't think twice that using names of members might actually be offensive.

And you young man, are extremely audacious and arrogant to presume that it lies within your jurisdiction to determine who frequents which boards.

Oh yes: "constructive" - your own word... give me one link to any of your posts that was actually constructive.

If you had any basic reading skills and a minimum amount of concentration span, you 'might' be able to work out that I do not pick fights. But -- I will not sit still while being slandered by under-educated chatroom junkies.
If you or anyone else is of the opinion that I don't have the right to defend myself, then I'm seriously doubting the wisdom of us developed nations trying to shove the principles of democracy down the throats of those nations that decide to live by their own code.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Surrender PM's...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

lol

another amusing post 🙂

I do enjoy how you accuse others of being incoherent, once again the words pot, kettle and black arrive in my mind 🙂

Mr Tailhook, I would go and collect your posts where you have made unnecessary and unprovoked attacks on respected members of this forum but I shan't, as everyone else who is reading this knows and has seen the posts for themselves and it is lovely and sunny outside and I have things to tend to elsewhere.

If whatever causes your apparent mental instability also means you cannot even remember how you behave then so be it.

Perhaps I was wrong saying that you pick fights, maybe I would be more accurate in saying that you post underhanded snipes at other members without having the balls to actually pick a proper fight with any of them. There have been several aimed at Greekman and Crash of late in particular.

I never said at any time that you do not have the right to defend yourself - once again your dillusional little mind has been fabricating things.

Have a good day 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

wowowo...calm down guys!smoke the peacepipe Neutral !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

lol

another amusing post 🙂

I do enjoy how you accuse others of being incoherent, once again the words pot, kettle and black arrive in my mind 🙂

Mr Tailhook, I would go and collect your posts where you have made unnecessary and unprovoked attacks on respected members of this forum but I shan't, as everyone else who is reading this knows and has seen the posts for themselves and it is lovely and sunny outside and I have things to tend to elsewhere.

If whatever causes your apparent mental instability also means you cannot even remember how you behave then so be it.

Perhaps I was wrong saying that you pick fights, maybe I would be more accurate in saying that you post underhanded snipes at other members without having the balls to actually pick a proper fight with any of them. There have been several aimed at Greekman and Crash of late in particular.

I never said at any time that you do not have the right to defend yourself - once again your dillusional little mind has been fabricating things.

Have a good day 🙂

lol m8

I'll just let this one go as yet another futile attempt at sounding like an adult.
As you're so attentive and don't seem to miss anything that goes on around you (especially in the forums haha) I doubt it has escaped your attention that it is exactly you and your brothers in arms who without exception have to get the last word in. You just can't stand it not to be the last one to have his say.

I always did expect you to be a member of the pack of Hyenas. United we stand!
Now come on, take another swipe at me, don't hold back, you'll get away with it and you won't even have to be concerned about a reply from me containing stinging remarks - when it's my turn, this thread will be locked or deleted anyway.

Oh, and by the way, don't forget to use "Quotes", this is just to prevent anyone from editing after posting. A new sort of precaution as I've been known to edit and falsify my posts in the past --- I bet you didn't know that?

lol

Pro Member Chief Captain

I give up.If you hate each other that much,go on,have eternal war and make the forums atmosphere different! Evil or Very Mad come on,just smoke the peacepipe.

Pro Member Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

I give up.If you hate each other that much,go on,have eternal war and make the forums atmosphere different! Evil or Very Mad come on,just smoke the peacepipe.

...or just take it to PM's as nobody else is remotely interested.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

If no one else is interested, why are you in here reading?

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

because.we think it's a post,go to read it,and there's the battlefield.

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

ugh... 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hey Jon...I like you new avatar 😂 😂 😂 ❗

And your sig of course... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

A change of subject at last.... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

😂 They need a change every now and again. Got bored of the penguin, so out with the old...and in with the Gromit!

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

very cool!your's too,pilotwana

Pro Member Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

very cool!your's too,pilotwana

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Go Gromit, very cool! 😀 I'm impressed that manypeople now have Air New Zealand sigs - CheekyTrolly, SteveT, 99jolegg, and myself.

Good job guys! 👍