SearchSearch 

new to fs2002

Pro Member Trainee
deadahead627 Trainee

😕 i am new to fs2002 and not realy sure how to do the add ons? i tried to download and install one of the aircrafts but when try to play thiers no instruments or anything??? can someone please explaine how to download and set up pleaseeeeee thanx

2 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Welcome to the Sim and to our site

See if this helps you, if not ask.

You need Winzip to unzip the folders.
You can get the trial one at WinZip , it's the best you can use and the trial will last for years.

I think I know what you are asking but I try answering two ways.
One, If you cannot find your downloads to "unzip" them, send them to "My Computer", "My Briefcase" or even to "Desktop".
You can enter them from any of those areas.
I download to a folder that I have in "My Briefcase" it's just handy for me that way.
Installing.
Ok,
I do it a more complicated way,but it works.
Make certain you have a plane not just textures.

Unzip the file and now it's in it's own little window, you work from there. Dump the jpgs.

dblc=double-click

dblc on "my computer"
dblc on the "C" drive icon.
dblc on "program files"
dblc on "Microsoft Games".
dblc on "Flight Simulator.

Now you have all the folders laid out in front of you.
Follow the directions in the read-me that came with the aircraft.
Put the gauges in the gauge folder.
Put the effects in the effects folder.
Put the aircraft in the aircraft folder, make certain it has the correct name of the plane.

Now go crash land like I do.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Good ol Radar He's spot on, but here's my little tip-in My Documents create a new folder for all your flight sim d/loads called Umm... Fs downloads
Now whenever you d/load anything for fs .......send it there.Its also handy if you ever want to back up all your d/loads

And remember if you upgrade to fs9 ACOF a lot of the 2002 d/loads that you will collect will work.So when you get a folder full (if you can) burn them to cd

TTT