Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Gatwick to Bordeaux

Lee Warrington Guest

I am currently at FL18 in a Boeing 737-400 in the realistic panel i downloaded from AVsim. Crew are serving passengers drinks and hot food, the passengers are perfectly happy and loving the food (+5%) 49 people out of 86 are wearing the seatbelt and my planned arrival is in 46 mins. Passengers now joyful from alcohol lol. This is my 5th flight now am i have been promoted to C1 within two days with a total flying time of nearly 8 hours and 1000 points. All perfect flights each time wooo. Speak to u after landing. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Nice one Lee although I think you mean FL180 unless your cruising at 1800Ft Wink

Very Happy Very Happy

Lee Warrington Guest

I forgot the zero lol. Landed now and it was good. How come a landing pitch of 3degrees and speed of 120kt and a descent rate of -400f/m is classed as a hard landing? Question

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Because -400 feet per minute is a fast descent rate for landing. It sounds as though your speed is a bit too low and you didn't flare enough (3 degrees - should be closer to 5). If you bring that up to 125kt and flare 10 feet above the runway then you should have a smoother landing. A smooth landing will be anything below -150 fpm

Wink

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

Lee Warrington wrote:

I forgot the zero lol. Landed now and it was good. How come a landing pitch of 3degrees and speed of 120kt and a descent rate of -400f/m is classed as a hard landing? Question

Most landing gear are rated up to 600 fpm at maximum landing weight...so 400 is getting close to that.

Congrats on your promotion, Thumbs Up! (I can't believe we don't have a saluting smiley on this board!)