MSFSX ON XBOX 360?

Pro Member Trainee
steveselby Trainee

Will Microsoft produce a version of FSX to run on the Xbox 360??

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I doubt it- there are too many controls for FS9 (and will be for FSX) to use solely on a controller 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome To Flyaway Steveselby. 🍻

No, Flight Simulator X won't be on XBOX, PlayStation or Game Cube. XBOX is good but it's for games. Flight Simulator is not a game, at least not in the usual sense. There are no scores, levels, goals or ranks. There is no progression of any kind. No locked content, no guns or bombs and you can't die. Flight Simulator simulates real civil aviation.

Combat Flight Simulator is available that is a game but because of the complex controls, it won't be on any game consoles either.🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Thanks for the explanation CRJ Capt!

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

yes that's true. Microsoft might come out with a joystick or yoke for the Xbox 360 just like what Playstation did for the PS2. You never know what they might come up with next.... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anytime!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

steveselby wrote:

Will Microsoft produce a version of FSX to run on the Xbox 360??

Welcome to Flyaway steveselby! 🍻

Whether they will or not is anyones guess.

To silence the purists, it is certainly possible to produce a version of FSX for the XBOX. The whole game on a high capacity disc - why not? That's how all the other games work after all.
As I understand it, you can nowadays download extras via your XBOX for certain games, skins, cars and what not. But this is where the similarities end.

In FS, be it 8 - 9 - or X you can retrofit aircraft, you can edit .cfg files, create your own textures, aircraft sceneries and practically anything you can think of you can tweak and modify in FS to your liking. The possibilities are endless.

And this is the reason why FSX for the XBOX would be a bad idea, not the 'fact' that FS is not a game.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Allow me to translate:

Who knows what MS will do.
Anything is technically possible.
FSX on Xbox is a bad idea.

The bottom line- No, I don't think they will.

👍

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Wellcome to fly awy sim, and i don´t think this simulator will be for the Xbox, it is a very complete and heavy sim for a console. 🙂

They are making a flight simulator for the PSP. It will have missions, and all sorts of cool stuff!!! I can't wait!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

yay!4 buttons!oh.it crashed.

Pro Member Chief Captain

seriously,a psp and a flight sim give this:

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

Also, if you think of other hit pc games such as age of empires and command and conquer theat went to console - they were utter crap!

Pro Member Trainee
Brian B. (valcan222) Trainee

I dont think it will be on the 360 ether but you never know the 360 has USB ports they very well could make a patch so you could attach a joystick/yoke the works lets just say I think it will be better on the computer anyways lol.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

valcan222 wrote:

I dont think it will be on the 360 ether but you never know the 360 has USB ports they very well could make a patch so you could attach a joystick/yoke the works lets just say I think it will be better on the computer anyways lol.

🙄 XBOX 360 joystick.

http://archive.gamespy.com/hardware/october02/consolesticks/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
lanfisher Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

Welcome To Flyaway Steveselby. 🍻

No, Flight Simulator X won't be on XBOX, PlayStation or Game Cube. XBOX is good but it's for games. Flight Simulator is not a game, at least not in the usual sense. There are no scores, levels, goals or ranks. There is no progression of any kind. No locked content, no guns or bombs and you can't die. Flight Simulator simulates real civil aviation.

Combat Flight Simulator is available that is a game but because of the complex controls, it won't be on any game consoles either.🙂

Even though the XBOX 360 is marketed as a game machine, I don't think it has to be just for games. I wish Microsoft would take a chance and put the power of the XBOX 360 to good use by making a version of Flight Simulator for it.

The unfortunate thing is that all the peripheral ports for the XBOX 360 are designed specifically for Microsoft products, so even if you wanted to plug a cool 3rd party flight yoke into it you wouldn't be able to. It's unlikely that Microsoft would design a flight simulator flight yoke for the XBOX.

The Playstation 3 will have regular USB ports, and should support all sorts of peripherals, but I doubt they'll come out with any sort of flight sim either. It's really too bad. The graphics on these machines would make a flight sim look really, really good.

LF

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

it just wouldnt work i personally think that Xbox has the Ability to run FS Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

X360, has not have the ability to run so heavy simulator, it is a GAME playing machine.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...