SearchSearch 

FS2004 Flying lessons/flight problems

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

I am new to flight simulation and an ignoramus when it comes to computers. I am experiencing problems with the lessons and flights.
When I load a lesson and start flying the plane turns right despite not altering the yoke. Then at other times it flies normally.
Furthermore, when I create a flight and start it ,release the brakes and gradually increase the throttle the plane keeps turning right such that it spins in circles. If I exit the FS and reload it it may fly normally or the problem recur.
I have CH yoke, throttle quadrant and pro-pedals. However, I have auto rudder on.
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.
Is this a common problem with MS flightsimulator or is it me?
I am beginning to think it was a waste of cash!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Welcome to the forums Simmy

To solve your problem you might want to turn autorudder off. 😉

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome To Flyaway Simmy. 🍻

I have the same controllers as you. It sounds like you have a controller set up problem. You have many items installed and any one of four items could be conflicting.

1.Dissconect everything and fly Flight Simulator with the keyboard to see how it reacts. Set all control options and Flight Simulator options to default. Use auto rudder. Use the Cessna 172.

2. If everything works OK, connect and calibrate CH yoke. Assign Throttle, Mixture and Propeller to levers on the top of the controller, don't use auto mixture. Fly the Cessna 182 to check that things work.

3. If that works OK, connect and calibrate the CH Throttle Quadrant(TQ). Change the Throttle, Mixture and Prop the the levers on the TQ and make sure they are not assigned on the Yoke. Assign gear and flaps where ever you like, I use the two switches on the front of the Yoke. Use the Beech Barron. It is very important that you check to ensure that no two controllers have the same control assignments.

4. If that all goes well, connect the Rudder pedals and turn off auto rudder. Recheck all controllers for correct and duplicate control assignments. I don't know why but they sometimes change all by themselves. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

Welcome to Flyaway Simmy

I have no Idea what you are talking about

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Welcome to Fly Away Simmy.Follow CRJCapt's instrunctions and i think that you wont have problems.

Feel free to ask anything you like or to share your thoughts. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway Simmy! 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

Welcome To Flyaway Simmy. 🍻

I have the same controllers as you. It sounds like you have a controller set up problem. You have many items installed and any one of four items could be conflicting.

1.Dissconect everything and fly Flight Simulator with the keyboard to see how it reacts. Set all control options and Flight Simulator options to default. Use auto rudder. Use the Cessna 172.

2. If everything works OK, connect and calibrate CH yoke. Assign Throttle, Mixture and Propeller to levers on the top of the controller, don't use auto mixture. Fly the Cessna 182 to check that things work.

3. If that works OK, connect and calibrate the CH Throttle Quadrant(TQ). Change the Throttle, Mixture and Prop the the levers on the TQ and make sure they are not assigned on the Yoke. Assign gear and flaps where ever you like, I use the two switches on the front of the Yoke. Use the Beech Barron. It is very important that you check to ensure that no two controllers have the same control assignments.

4. If that all goes well, connect the Rudder pedals and turn off auto rudder. Recheck all controllers for correct and duplicate control assignments. I don't know why but they sometimes change all by themselves. 🙂

Thanks everbody for your quick replies.
I think you have solved the problem. I searched around the assignments for the controllers in the Settings and found that by default both the throttle and the rudder had the same axis assigned to them which meant that the rudder pedals were acting as a throttle. I deleted the rudder axis which stopped it acting as a throttle and it seems to have corrected the problem

Simmy 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Welcome to flyaway simmy! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

you might have just a computer that one of your controls doesn't work on. i just realized this on my ch throttle quadrant one week and 500 dollars in labor charges (to try to fix it) ago. something just might not work on you computer.

Welcome to flyaway Group Wave