Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

POSKY 737-700

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey Peeps,
I have just downloaded the new POSKY 737-700 which I can say is brilliant, I just can't work the panel that you can add to it.

Does anyone know the key combos to get the radio stack/overhead panel?

Also, I keep getting the "FLT CONT" light being displayed on the panel which is showing a cauction light,

Any ideas?

Ta
leachus

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I don't know if there is an overhead panel Leachus but you can get the radio stack up by pressing the hotkey on the left hand side of the panel, next to the clock Wink

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

FLT CONT indicates your yaw damper is off... just turn it on after takeoff and that warning should go away.

Pro Member First Officer

Fair play, I am having so many problems with this A/C

Firstly I am unable to get the top panel to show and now the doors won't open, let alone the stairs.

I have been to thier forums, but they insist that every post is read by a moderator before posting.

Anyone else having these problems?

Ta
Leachus

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Check in the panel config for the yaw entry
It should read YAW 1.000
Make sure that there is that 1 before the decimal otherwis you will never switch it on Wink

Pro Member First Officer

Ummm,

I cannot find that entry in either the airfract.cfg or panel.cgf file :/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

Hey Peeps,
I have just downloaded the new POSKY 737-700 which I can say is brilliant, I just can't work the panel that you can add to it.

Also, I keep getting the "FLT CONT" light being displayed on the panel which is showing a cauction light,

Any ideas?

Ta
leachus

Which panel are we actually talking about? Unless my senses have deserted me completely, there must be several dozen panels you can add to the same aircraft.
If everyone involved in this troubleshooting is looking at a different panel, how can there possibly be a result to this puzzle? Idea

Pro Member First Officer

Sorry Tailhook - its the POSKY panel that was designed for release with this aircraft Smile - please see:

http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads.php?aircraft=o8vb1&location=panelpackage

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

Sorry Tailhook - its the POSKY panel that was designed for release with this aircraft Smile - please see:

http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads.php?aircraft=o8vb1&location=panelpackage

Ok leachus, I'm still in the process of downloading all the bits and pieces before I throw them in the blender, hit the switch and have a look see what the outcome will be. Very Happy

In the meantime, this might solve one of your problems

Q-How do you get to the overhead
A-Press "Alt" Select Views then Instrument Panel and then select Overhead. This also applies on how to select the 2D yoke, Pitch Trim and Radio Panel.

This is taken from the Panel Support Forum -- 2nd Sticky from the top: 737ng Panel Faqs... and since I still haven't figured out how to link to POSKY material, I take the liberty of quoting the whole FAQ Sheet:

Q-Non of the gauges show up! Whatís wrong?
A-You have not installed the gauges correctly. Copy all the gauges inside the temporary gauges folder in the panel download pack to the flight simulator gauges folder.

Q-How do you get to the overhead
A-Press "Alt" Select Views then Instrument Panel and then select Overhead. This also applies on how to select the 2D yoke, Pitch Trim and Radio Panel.

Q-When you switch the upper fasten seat belt switch why doesnít the light go out?
A-By switching the switch all you are doing is allowing power to enter the seat belt light and sound circuits, to fully switch the light on or off you need to press the light in. This will switch the light on or off and play the fasten seat belt chime. The no smoking switches also work in the same way.

Q-How do I switch the engines off?
A-Choose the pedestal quick start icon which is located on the left hand side of the main panel. Once the pedestal is open, click on the fuel shut off handles below the main throttles.

Q-When on approach a warning horn sounds after I have lowered some flaps? Why is this?
A-This is to alert you to the fact that the aircraft is "not configured for landing" lower the gear by moving the handle or by pressing the "B" key and the horn will stop.

Q-Sometimes a warning light flashes on and off in the left hand corner saying "pull up". What does this mean?
A-This means you are too close to the ground for comfort. Apply full throttle and climb away. Sometimes this gauge can flash if you are on final approach without the gear down. Make sure the gear is down if you are on final approach.

Q-When on approach a yellow warning light comes on in the left hand corner.
A-This means you have deviated below the glide slope or that approach hold has failed. Disconnect the autopilot and fly the aircraft manually whilst trying to keep inside the glide slope limits.

Q-After how do I disengage the autopilot?
A-Press the Bar Below the autopilot engage and the autopilot will disengage. To re engage the auto pilot press the button in again and then press the autopilot engage square.

Q-Where is the NAV/GPS switch?
A-Just above the main navigation screen, slightly to the left. Turn the right hand knob to switch from NAV mode to GPS mode.

Q-What do the lights above but slightly to the left of the main navigation screen mean?
A-They show whether the autopilot is engage or disengaged and they display warnings if the plane has deviated below 200ft from the set altitude.

Q-How do you set the barometric pressure (QNH)?
A-You can set the QNH by pressing the "B" key or by entering the QNH pressure into the altimeters by pressing on the left had knob on the back up altitude indicator located in the middle of the panel. The digits above the knob will show what you are entering

Q-Where are the light switches located?
A-At the top of the main panel to the right and left of the engine starters. The panel light switch is located below the flight director switch.

Q-How do I switch to "landing view"
A-Press the "W" key.

Q-How do you start the engines?
A-First Start the "APU" (Auxiliary Power Unit). The switches to start the APU are located on the middle of the overhead panel. Press the two main switches marked "APU" hold each switch in for 5 seconds to ignite the APU gas. A sound will start. Next make sure Fuel controls are set to "pump" These are located in the bottom corner of the overhead. The default start up setting is set to pump so usually these are set just right with out you having to press them. Then switch to the pedestal and make sure the fuels cut off handles (below the main throttles) are in their up position. Next switch to the main panel and turn each engine starter (located on the top of the main panel) Keep pressing each knob until each engine starts. After the engines starts make sure you return the switches to "gen" not "off". After that you can turn the apu off by pressing the two red bars again. Now your engines are started ,you are ready to taxi. Flight Simulator loads the aircraft with the engines on so you donít often have to refer to this procedure. The engines can sometimes be started with out the APU being on but it is good practice to make sure the APU is on before starting the engines.

Under Construction

Let us know what's happening Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

Hey Peeps,

Any ideas?

Ta
leachus

Shift+5 for Radio Stack

Shift+7 for Overhead Panel

Check out the overhead panel, it seems there are still parts missing and if I read their forum correctly, they're still working on it so look out for updates.