The internet is s**t nothing rude but

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

an interesting site

click me

10 Responses

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I want to click the link but it sounds dodgey...

What is the contect of this site exactly?

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

CT it's nothing rude at all. I wouldn;t even think about posting something like here.

Page1

It is vitally important that we all realize this and move on. People (eg Bloggers) go on and on about how wonderful it is. About how much information is out there in cyberspace. About the way that everything is within reach in just a few clicks of their mice.

page 2

For instance:

"If I can operate Google, I can find anything... Google, combined with Wi-Fi, is a little bit like God. God is wireless, God is everywhere and God sees and knows everything. Throughout history, people connected to God without wires. Now, for many questions in the world, you ask Google, and increasingly, you can do it without wires, too."

Alan Cohen, V.P. of Airespace, a new Wi-Fi provider, New York Times, 6/29/03

It goes on for 11 pages.

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

yeah its really stupid

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Unfortunately this individual is as ignorant as he is rude.
I grew up without the net and have used libraries the majority of my life and still will.
Using the net and a search engine is a science, maybe a skill, one engine isn't all. You need to use many types if you want and need the information you desire.
In all the years (about 10) I have found all that I have searched for, maybe it took the use of a few different engines but I did find all but one.
That one will be in a library, it's been a few years since I looked for it but one of these days when I have the time I'll search again.
I have found out things that no library will have and have read, met people and have enjoyed myself more than this "old" man could ever dream.
Pity how ignorant people are more than willing to publish that fact, where...on the internet.

Radar

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Quite an amusing site now that I have read it.

But it is also quite ironic that the author to posted his negative view of the internet on the internet itself.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Some folks have too much time on their hands. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Some folks have too much time on their hands. 😂

👍

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

But it is also quite ironic that the author to posted his negative view of the internet on the internet itself.

LOL.. what an idiot!! complains about something.. while he is utilizing it to get his message out. I HATE hypocrites, lol.

..this is like having a picket line to show you're against picketing... 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

As i have state in past internet is great.Users make the difference.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's a free country!