SearchSearch 

First run probs

Warrenstreeet Guest

Dear all,

I have just installed MSFS2004 but after having launched the game I got a fatal error, u know those kind of errors Microsoft is asking u to send them in order to fix it?

I have a latest model pc, videocard is actually an on board intel one but the allt he Directx test went fine so I assume this is not the cause.

I have tried to reinstall the sw, on another volume but still I get the same error.
Has somebody experienced the same issue?

Thanks a lot in advance

_________________

WS

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Warrenstreeet wrote:

Dear all,

I have just installed MSFS2004 but after having launched the game I got a fatal error, u know those kind of errors Microsoft is asking u to send them in order to fix it?

I have a latest model pc, videocard is actually an on board intel one but the allt he Directx test went fine so I assume this is not the cause.

I have tried to reinstall the sw, on another volume but still I get the same error.
Has somebody experienced the same issue?

Thanks a lot in advance

The fatal error is never fatal. Switch off your modem, disable your antivirus and see if you can shut down some of the unnecessary programs running in the background. If you don't have sufficient RAM that fatal error message could be the result.

_________________

WS

Guest

Tailhook wrote:

Warrenstreeet wrote:

Dear all,

I have just installed MSFS2004 but after having launched the game I got a fatal error, u know those kind of errors Microsoft is asking u to send them in order to fix it?

I have a latest model pc, videocard is actually an on board intel one but the allt he Directx test went fine so I assume this is not the cause.

I have tried to reinstall the sw, on another volume but still I get the same error.
Has somebody experienced the same issue?

Thanks a lot in advance

The fatal error is never fatal. Switch off your modem, disable your antivirus and see if you can shut down some of the unnecessary programs running in the background. If you don't have sufficient RAM that fatal error message could be the result.

_________________

WS

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Warrenstreeet wrote:

Dear all,

I have just installed MSFS2004 but after having launched the game I got a fatal error, u know those kind of errors Microsoft is asking u to send them in order to fix it?

I have a latest model pc, videocard is actually an on board intel one but the allt he Directx test went fine so I assume this is not the cause.

I have tried to reinstall the sw, on another volume but still I get the same error.
Has somebody experienced the same issue?

Thanks a lot in advance

The fatal error is never fatal. Switch off your modem, disable your antivirus and see if you can shut down some of the unnecessary programs running in the background. If you don't have sufficient RAM that fatal error message could be the result.

_________________

WS

Sorry about the blunder, I'm still practicing the "Quote" experience Oops!

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Does it by any chance have the Intel Extreme graphics card on board??

If it does then check Intel's web site for the updated drivers.

I have that card on my mother board and to be honest it's garbage, I think the extreme means extremely bad!

I Had no end of problems similar to the one you are describing. It works fine until you try and use it with demanding apps like FS.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

kianok wrote:

Does it by any chance have the Intel Extreme graphics card on board??

If it does then check Intel's web site for the updated drivers.

I have that card on my mother board and to be honest it's garbage, I think the extreme means extremely bad!

I Had no end of problems similar to the one you are describing. It works fine until you try and use it with demanding apps like FS.

I have that card. It isn't the world's best, but it is adequate. I never encountered the type problem described by the original poster.

Try starting FS in its safe mode, "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe" -SWREND

See if it will start this way.

Warrenstreet Guest

Starting FS2004 in safe mode does not help as the same error is returned, tonite i will try upgraqding the video drivers and disabling the antivirus.
I'll kep u posted

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Also try slowing down hardware acceleration in your display settings ➡

Right click on desk top
choose properties
choose settings, then advanced.
Choose troubleshoot.
Reduce hardware acceleration settings and de select write combining. see if that helps.

Warrenstreet Guest

Starting FS2004 in safe mode does not help as the same error is returned, tonite i will try upgraqding the video drivers and disabling the antivirus.
I'll kep u posted

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Am I missing something, what does the error say.

Radar

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions