What we like about flying

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

Just wondering what everybody liked about flying in general. I like the thrill of taking off, the tension of landing and the idea that something weighing 100's tons can lift off the ground. I personally am not a pilot but would like to be one, someday.
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I like the challenge of flying and the fact that no 2 flights are the same. I get bored easily so having something to make as simple as you want or as complex as you want is good. 😉

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

It's the engineering in it for me. I'm the kind of guy that loves things like FS2Crew and the rigid technicality of flying. But at the same time, I love the freedom, and the amount that it really does depend on how well you can bond as "man and machine."

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I like the views 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

What I like about flying? Well.....

I love TAKEOFF! The roar of the engines on an Boeing 737 is unbelievable....and the force of the engines when on full throttle, making you stick to your seat. The noise...is amazing. On one flight I was on, I flew in a Boeing 738 and on takeoff I literally almost had to squint my eyes on takeoff and actually hold my seat because the noise was quite ....well lets say LOUD! My dad said to my half-way though the flight..."It's a bit loud isn't it?" And my good it was.

You may think that this is odd but normally when I fly, the day before I get pretty excited and that...but when I am awaiting to board the aircraft at LGW, I feel REALLY nervous....maybe because I watch so many Air Crash Investigations or ....well I don't know....but the thing is - flying is my DREAM. Why would I be nervous????

The view of a passenger behind the wing is something that I enjoy - maybe because you hear more noise when you are behind the engine. I find it amusing and rather fasanating in how aircraft manage to actually FLY! It is astonishing. My mum always says to me "my my mike....HOW DO THOSE AIRCAFT MANAGE TO TAKEOFF LIKE THAT!!??" 😂

On terms of the simulator - it is the scenery mostly for me. I do like the best of the best - but with my GFX unfortunately that is impossible 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

When I was very young, my mom worked for Continental. So we flew constantly. And then when she quit, I sort of went through a withdrawal and I think that is why I like flying. Another reason is that I am amazed at how powerful jets are and the feel of a large plane at your control

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

When I was very young - as in toddler or baby, I had the only dream I can still remember.

I was weightless and I was flying.

The rest is self-explanatory.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Being able to do something that I'll never get to do in the real world.

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

Being able to do something that I'll never get to do in the real world.

Why not?

190 Guest

What i like about flying?....Hmm??? Well...I guess it would be controling the aircraft and the views and the nosie of it and hmm...well i guess everything about flying i like. Espesuly taking controls of the aircraft! Deferntly!! Having the controls of the aircraft to my self is far the best thing i like about flying.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Flying scares me.

190 Guest

NoWorries wrote:

Flying scares me.

what part of flying scares you? Flying is the safest means of transport in the world! So how are you affrade? Your more in danger in a car than a plane(FACT)!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Apparently, if you pick a random day to fly on each year, you'd have to live 26000 years before you were in a crash. 😉

190 Guest

You hit the nail right on the head. The reason i dont fear flying is because of 1. I love to fly 2. I feel safe while flying. Its funny that i actuly fear driving a car down a highway because i know that there is a chance that i could easily get into an acident. but when flying i feel very safe. because i know that the chances of an acident in an aircraft is EXTREMLY low and so i feel safe.

NoWorries @ Work Guest

190 wrote:

NoWorries wrote:

Flying scares me.

what part of flying scares you? Flying is the safest means of transport in the world! So how are you affrade? Your more in danger in a car than a plane(FACT)!

I dunno, being thousands of feet in the air traveling at hundreds of miles per hour...on a plane that human beings designed...on a plane that human beings worked on...being piloted by human beings...and controlled by human beings...

Flying isn't that much safer than driving, it's easy to skew the results to make it sound safer, but it's not that much safer.

By mile it is definitely safer, but by hour, not so much.

Pro Member Chief Captain

There are more than 600 million cars in the world today, I couldn't find any info on the amount of airliners but im guessing its a lot less than that, so the figures balance themseleves out really. 😉

190 Guest

but its a fact that flying is indeed the safest. Most people in the world do not like the idea of a airliner flying totaly by it self because if there was a problem with the computer systems then the plane would not be able to fly which is why people perfure pilots. People who are professional trained to handle almost any problem. At the moment auto pilot systems are not relyable enough to fly an aircraft with out a pilot. ITS TOO RISKY! The reason why cars are much more dangerours is becasue your driving past other cars that are going the same speed as you are and one wrong move could mean death! Flying is still the worlds safest means of transportation.

190 Guest

flying is alot safer than cars. You hear more car accidents than air accidents. Ive been in many flights and every flight ive been in has always gone well with no problems. speed dosent make it more dangorus at all. Aircrafts have never been safer. i have been in a few car accidents which is why i consider cars more dangerus and that i have been flying longer than i have been driving! Ive had a few car accidents but no accidents in flying! flying is truly safer.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...