Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Simluation Cockpits, Yeah Right!!

Pro Member First Officer
azabro First Officer

I was recently on www.simkits.com looking at some of the simulator panels/cockpits for FS2004 . I found the one that looked just right for me, so scrolled down to have a look at the price. I was ALARMED! The cocpit I was looking at that was perfect turned out to be a complete joke at around NZ$19000! I didnt think this was a fair price at all, Does anybody agree??? Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

To me they do seem a little over priced. But then again, I have no clue why kind of work goes into making those so I really don't know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

They are very complex and probably cost alot of money to make. They cost more time to make, so higher prices are charged for the time taken to make it as well as the materials to make it. If I was rich, I'd have bought one yesterday Cool

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

azabro wrote:

I was recently on www.simkits.com looking at some of the simulator panels/cockpits for FS2004 . I found the one that looked just right for me, so scrolled down to have a look at the price. I was ALARMED! The cocpit I was looking at that was perfect turned out to be a complete joke at around NZ$19000! I didnt think this was a fair price at all, Does anybody agree??? Evil or Very Mad

Er, did you really mean to type NZ$19000? Like, a bit more than US$10000?

That does seem excessive for a panel, regardless of how much work went into it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

actually they're getting easier and easier. it's quite simple to mount a moniter (or several small moniters) and cover them with mdf. the screen is quite easy by using a projecter, curved mirror and a nice curved screen. the only bit that requires some real technical skill is with the buttons - trying to link them all up via usb requires a lot of logic skills!

of course if i tried my cockpit would look like crap Smile

cheechm Guest

If you want you can get a 737NG panel for

$3,010.15
1,689.81
2,440.00

Check This Out

look at this guy (IT IS NOT REAL)

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

antone wrote:

azabro wrote:

I was recently on www.simkits.com looking at some of the simulator panels/cockpits for FS2004 . I found the one that looked just right for me, so scrolled down to have a look at the price. I was ALARMED! The cocpit I was looking at that was perfect turned out to be a complete joke at around NZ$19000! I didnt think this was a fair price at all, Does anybody agree??? Evil or Very Mad

Er, did you really mean to type NZ$19000? Like, a bit more than US$10000?

That does seem excessive for a panel, regardless of how much work went into it.

I hope that wasn't an attack for putting our countries currency instead of yours?

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

antone wrote:

I hope that wasn't an attack for putting our countries currency instead of yours?

Absolutely not, no. I was just expressing surprise at the amount of money, in any currency.

Despite my current location, I am British, not American - I'm well used to dealing with currencies other than USD.

Edited to correct formatting

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

antone wrote:

azabro wrote:

I was recently on www.simkits.com looking at some of the simulator panels/cockpits for FS2004 . I found the one that looked just right for me, so scrolled down to have a look at the price. I was ALARMED! The cocpit I was looking at that was perfect turned out to be a complete joke at around NZ$19000! I didnt think this was a fair price at all, Does anybody agree??? Evil or Very Mad

Er, did you really mean to type NZ$19000? Like, a bit more than US$10000?

That does seem excessive for a panel, regardless of how much work went into it.

It does seem excessive for a panel. Unless I'm completely misreading azabro's message, he associated the quoted price with a cockpit rather than just a panel.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

just what i was thinking... 19000 anything seems expensive just for a panel!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I would just rather buy Track IR instead of buying that. You get the same type of feeling but with Track IR you don't really have anything physical to touch.

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

It does seem excessive for a panel. Unless I'm completely misreading azabro's message, he associated the quoted price with a cockpit rather than just a panel.

Yeah, I think he meant an actual cockpit setup, not simply a software panel. Even so, that's considerably more than I would spend on flightsimming, fun as it is Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

kianok wrote:

just what i was thinking... 19000 anything seems expensive just for a panel!

Well, 19000 Turkish Lire might be OK Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

antone wrote:

kianok wrote:

just what i was thinking... 19000 anything seems expensive just for a panel!

Well, 19000 Turkish Lire might be OK Laughing

Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
azabro First Officer

I may as well Put that money towards a new plane in stead, At least thats the real thing!

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

azabro wrote:

I may as well Put that money towards a new plane in stead, At least thats the real thing!

Funny, I was thinking that too Very Happy

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions