SearchSearch 

FS9.1 Patch Question

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

Hey experts......a couple of questions.....

When I first got FS2004 earlier in the year, I was anxious to get the programme as up-to-date as possible......however for some reason when I installed the patch I could not use any add-ons.....it was either the patch or more aircraft......if you see what I mean.......

Since then, I have a lot more experience of the whole thing and am much more adept at installing add-ons.......question is though - am I going to come across the same problem if I now try and install the Patch...? Am I going to end up with a pile of add-ons that I can no longer use.....?

Or if I do a complete re-install from scratch and then patch it and THEN start putting add-ons on, will I be better off?

Greg 🙂

3 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

when i installed the patch, i had add-ons and they stayed. i'd say try it, but remember some systems might handle things differently

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Can you tell us what addons are involved?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greg1138 wrote:

Hey experts......a couple of questions.....

When I first got FS2004 earlier in the year, I was anxious to get the programme as up-to-date as possible......however for some reason when I installed the patch I could not use any add-ons.....it was either the patch or more aircraft......if you see what I mean.......

Since then, I have a lot more experience of the whole thing and am much more adept at installing add-ons.......question is though - am I going to come across the same problem if I now try and install the Patch...? Am I going to end up with a pile of add-ons that I can no longer use.....?

Or if I do a complete re-install from scratch and then patch it and THEN start putting add-ons on, will I be better off?

Greg 🙂

Hang on to this link! I can never ever find it when I'm looking for it.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

The best method is the one you mentioned last - and that's exactly the way to do it.

If you keep the document I linked you to (it's worth it) for reference and pay particular attention to topics such as

*Issue with various module .dlls and the Update setup -

*Problems with FSUIPC -

*Problems with Active Camera -

..to name but a view of the more important ones (all those can be found under 'Known Issues').

I've been through the whole process of un- and re-installing with and without the patch I don't know how many times.

I've learned one important lesson: If I try to do it all from memory, I'm bound to make mistakes and start banging my head against the wall.
That's why now I always use the document as a reference and follow it to the letter.

Back to your issue, once you've read the topics I've highlighted you'll be shouting EUREKA because suddenly it all makes sense.

There is more valuable info regarding the FSUIPC.dll here if you find you need it:

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Good luck!