Game crashes afetr splash screen.!!!! :(

Mike The Felon Guest

Hey guys, please bare with me as i dont usually do this. I have just installed MSFS 2004 and when i click to run it the splash screen appears and then the screen goes black and then its crashes back to windows with MFC70.DLL error. I have ran updates and all the stuff microsoft recomends but this got me no where! I am desperate to get this running, I'm even concidering trading this machine for a tower so i can build my own machine. I will leave as much info as i can but if anyone has any questions then leave on here or contact me mastles2002@msn.com

Pc details

Windows XP home edition, Version 2002 Service pack 2

AMD ATHLON 64 Processor 3700+, 2.39 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 series
Realtek AC'97 audio

Hope thats enough info! I will even pay to get this working!

Thanks guys

Mike Astles 😂

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
chlorinekid Guest

The solution is to delete one of the files in your fs9 directory. read the last few posts here:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/13833/help-game-crashes/

Thanks, just trying it now mate, THANX AGAIN 🙂

WOW, thanks to everyone who has helped! Your amazing, Mike747 posted this and it works!

Go into your FS2004 main folder and delete "OLEACC.DLL". It is either in the main folder or the modules folder. Then it should work.

THANX AGAIN! END OF THREAD

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Has anyone found out where the OLEACC.DLL comes from in the first place and how it finds its way into either of the two folders mentioned?

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Has anyone found out where the OLEACC.DLL comes from in the first place and how it finds its way into either of the two folders mentioned?

Well, oleacc.dll was intended to supply code for the accessibility features of Windows 98 and later. Apparently other programs use it for other reasons too, and since FS9 does unusual things to the display (like many games) I guess this could be part of it.

What I'm not sure about is why it causes a problem. As a guess, and only a guess, I'd say that something (I know IE7 beta does this) has replaced it with a different and incompatible version. But as to how it gets into the FS folders? Beats me.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...