SearchSearch 

nice graphics card mod

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

in the taskbar in the bottom right i have my little nvidia logo - and today, i clicked on it!

it came up with lots of things, but one i paid attention too was the 'system performance tab'. i tested flight sim with high performance, which dropped massively in fps and created a stutter. i then moved it to high quality and the game runs smoothly.

the ultimate test was using my most complicated scenery (salburg) and my f1 172 in vc (the most intensive vc in my hangar) then setting it to gray and rainy.

no matter what the conditions i get smooth performance, so i definately reccomend anyone do this, it's easy peasy!

my card is an nvidia geforce 256

12 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

hinch wrote:

i tested flight sim with high performance, which dropped massively in fps and created a stutter. i then moved it to high quality and the game runs smoothly.

Ummmm.....maybe a really stoopid question, but are you sure you got this the right way round? High Quality should make it run slower, not faster......??

Greg - who also has that facility on his nVidia, and would be interested to hear whether or not you made a bit of a typo......

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I'm confused too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

me too, but no; i wrote it the correct way around.

i don;t understand it, but it works.

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

😳

Greg - who will try this....

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I have a nVidia GFX card but no icon on the taskbar. Can I access the this feature another way. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Right click on desktop
Select properties - settings - advanced then troubleshoot.

You should then see the a slider for graphics acceleration, which i think hinch is reffering to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

performance and quality settings > system performance > high quality

i know nothing about hardware, but it works a treat

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

OK, thanks guys 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

kianok wrote:

Right click on desktop
Select properties - settings - advanced then troubleshoot.

You should then see the a slider for graphics acceleration, which i think hinch is reffering to.

No - some nVisia Geforce cards install an extra icon in the Systray - a little green tag which you can click on and alter all sorts of things.....

OR - the same features can be accessed by right-clicking on desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> GeForce Tab (in my case, GeForce 6200)

Greg - who has tried the trick and finds that on my system with my configuration it actually makes no difference whatsoever.....which is perhaps even more strange!?!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i basically got the most system heavy everything (weather,plane in vc and scenery) and pressed shift+z to view my fps. with high quality set i get a very smooooooooth time, and with high performance it stutters loads. this is at 1280x1024 resolution, autogen on max and textures set to high.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

what does autogen do?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

adds trees and stuff where they're not pre-set