SearchSearch 

Annoying low ratings rant!

Pro Member Trainee
mrtazzy Trainee

Please don't give planes low ratings in the download area just because YOU haven't figured out how to install add-on plains yet! Evil or Very Mad It's annoying! Evil or Very Mad I'm looking for no sound, really poorly put together, it sounds like a prop engine not a quad jet. Not "I couldn't get it to work so I give it a 2!" Mad In my experiance EVERY plane I download works, some are a battle but they do work. So if it doesn't show up in your list of aircraft it's most likely your fault. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I have to say it.

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

First off, welcome to Flyaway Group Wave

Secondly, the forums here are great, but the download section isn't the best 🙄 I'd have a look at some of the sites in this post:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/14199/so-you-need-certain-airplane-check-these/

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Welcome.

If a plane doesn't fly realistically (i.e., speed or climb rate isoo fast or slow or the nose gear collapses while it is sitting on the ground), it deserves a low rating. If it is a military jet an aliases its sound to the default 737, it deserves a low rating. If the panel is an unrelated default panel, it deserves a low rating.

Aircraft like those can be improved with the use of different panels and modifying their aircraft.cfg. That would make them useful, but if their developer doesn't know how or doesn't give a damn, why rate them highly?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I think mrtazzy was talking about people giving ratings for aircraft that they haven't actually flown, but have given a low rating for the fact that they couldn't install them - maybe I'm wrong.

😉

Pro Member Trainee
mrtazzy Trainee

Thanks guys, 99jolegg that is a good list. CrashGordon that is exactly what I would love to see is the ratings.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

We seem to all be on the same page. I agree that, "It stinks because I don't know how to use it", is a bad idea.

It would be nice if all developers put their aircraft in a zip file structured so that if it was extracted to the main FS directory, everything would wind up in the right place. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

All a file needs is a good, clear readme file. In reality only 1/5 of files I download have this. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
mrtazzy Trainee

May I be so bold to say that the rule you should follow is aircraft to the aircraft folder, gauges to gauges and effects to the effect folder. Anyway I know there are some that are just horrible but that's why there are forums. I for one will help were I can.